Question about AFT balconies on Navigator

FJTinSC

We just booked our cabins for the Navigastor for Dec 16-23, 2006, and were able to get the JS 6692 and 6694. I know about the deck that separates the balcony rail from the actual back of the ship. My question is this, would be be happier with a side JS instead of the back, because of this, or is it not really a big deal.( we have had JS on the side and were very happy with it, but always wanted to try an AFT)

Anyone who has had a similar deck 6 aft cabin? I would appreciate your input!

Thanks

I personally would be happier with a side balcony.

This balcony is bigger, but the view just isn't there IMHO. I really like to look at the water, watch the fish jump, spot dolphins, etc. While I've never been in these cabins, I just don't think you can do this from Deck 6.

Take a look at these well done pictures, and decide for yourself (scroll throug-there is more than one). Can you live with the view for more balcony space?

http://community.webshots.com/photo/348168873/348191655JafcAy

I am basically of the same opinion. Plus we are not going to be having 15-20 people joining us on our balcony for anything....LOL

I have sent an E-mail to my TA to see if the deck 10 AFT JS are available, if not we may move back to the side....I dont think just moving up to deck 7 would satisfy me either....

Thanks for the opinion! and photos LMCruise:)

It's not the fact that you can fit more people on the balconies that makes the extra space great. It's the fact that you can actually fit loungers, or in the case of a JS, more than one lounger out on the balcony. The side balconies can only accomodate regular chairs with a tiny table.

I agree with WRP- on the aft you get lounge chairs to relax with- theside balconies just dont have that. More relaxing laying on your own balcony then fighting with deck chiars up on the deck with the hundreds of people around.

We were in an aft cabin on deck 7 on the Mariner last week. Yes I really liked having the large balcony but DH thought this cabin was noisier than others we've had on the side. I recall a lot of noise one night coming from the crew area on deck 5 that is under the steel area out back of the cabins on deck 6. And they leave bright lights on there all night long. That's fine inside your cabin after you close the drapes but it's never completely dark on the balcony. Much as I liked this cabin, in the future, if I couldn't book one on a higher deck, I'd take a side cabin.

Beth

Thanks for all the input.

After some careful consideration and long conversations with others in our group, who was booked right beside us. We have decided to go with a deck 10 JS instead.

I just dont think I would have been happy on the deck 6 AFT. Maybe we'll shoot for a higher one next time!

Was the JS deck 10 aft too?? Or the one on the side?

I think the move would be better. Especailyl if its a first time aft balcony-- being on that deck could make you never want to sail the aft again.

There was one deck 10 AFT JS still available, but since we are traveling with some dear friends who specifically want us to be side by side, and in JS, we just went to the side.

I do think that we will be much happier than with the deck 6 aft....

Archived