Fttf

BcruiseCrazy

Which port?

Are there tender ports? If yes, it might be worth it.

Are you doing a Carnival excursion at the tender port? Then no, because you'll usually meet onboard and tender together.

Edited by SadieN

Only you can answer if it's worth it to you. I got if for a 4 day cruise and for us it was worth it to not stand in the huge line at the port and to be able to get to our cabin right away. I also appreciated not having to wait in a long line at guest services. And getting of the ship early meant we had no line at customs. So to us the $50 was worth it. To others they wouldn't think it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Only you can answer if it's worth it to you. I got if for a 4 day cruise and for us it was worth it to not stand in the huge line at the port and to be able to get to our cabin right away. I also appreciated not having to wait in a long line at guest services. And getting of the ship early meant we had no line at customs. So to us the $50 was worth it. To others they wouldn't think it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

THANKS.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've purchased it for my last 2 cruises - both 5 day cruises and was glad we did. The lines were long at embarkation, especially this last one because everything was delayed by an unannounced Coast Guard drill. It was nice to be able to get to our rooms quickly and dump our luggage. We carried on most of our stuff. If you've seen people wander around while toting their suitcases then you know the advantage. Because of the delay this most recent cruise there were many people still waiting for their rooms well after we were in ours. This is one of those few perks that I think is worth the price - sort of like paying a little more for first class tickets.

With no tender ports, the benefits for you would be

- priority boarding

- room available on boarding

- priority guest services

- choice of debarkation time

- priority luggage (sometimes doesn't happen)

- dining reservations - a boost in priority if you want to change from early to late or vice-versa.

The debarkation may be a non-issue depending on deck. Our last trip, we were self-debark on main. It would have slowed us down to go FTTF for debark.

To me, the first three are what make it worthwhile, in particular the room being available.

I purchased it for a 6 day cruise in February and my other family members did not. My daughter and I were comfortable in the fttf area as the port of Baltimore was a zoo. It was so packed and by the time my family members boarded my daughter and I had dropped our bags in our rooms, changed into comfy clothes, grabbed drinks, sign our entire group up for the Dr. Seuss brunch and were waiting for our party when they finally boarded. Keep in mind we all got to the port at the same time. It was well worth it for me.. I'll get it whenever I can (hard to get in NY though). :D

As usual with a "is it worth it" question the answer is that no one can tell you that. Is it worth it is something that only you can answer for yourself

I think people are trying to be helpful by sharing their own personal experiences to help OP determine whether it's worth it for him or not. ;)