Balcony doors and bungee cords

Lisichka

If YOU leave your door open, it affects the cabin's cooling/heating all around you! If you want to experience the sea...go ON the balcony, close the freaking door and experience it! Don't mess up everyone else's climate!

I'm going to throw in a big AMEN, in the hope that your post is seen twice to impress folks how much it affects all the cabins around you. Don't do this!!

Disagree.... Stepped on to our balcony for a minute and the door slid closed and we were locked out. This was in March on the Infinity. Had a hard time explaining to non english speaking neighbours that we need help

.Eventually we were freed!!

Wondering how you got locked out with the handle in the open position....we've been on Equinox, Reflection and Silhouette.....never ever a problem. Other ships have a different system??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As someone said up upstream the "thermostat" is essentially a damper that regulates the flow of cold air or hot air the system pumps into your cabin, not the temperature of that air.

Cabins are combined in horizontal and vertical blocks. When the system comes on in your cabin because you have your door blocked open, it runs continuously for all cabins in the block while it tries endlessly to change the temperature of the air coming in from outside the ship to match whatever your cabin is set to.

You might not care because you have fresh air, but the cabins around you and above you and under you will definitely care.

What a well written and informative post, thank you. I did not know that and will be mindful of it.

Please don't do that. We've had next door neighbors on ships who did that and it messed with our own a/c. Ours didn't work well when their door was open. If you want to be inside, be inside. If you want fresh air, go out and shut the door. It's just courteous.

I read all the time about people who sleep with their balcony door open.

I have only used a bungee cord once. It was on Summit. Most of the Celebrity balcony doors you can drop the handle down and the door wont slide. The cabins on the M Class ships on deck 11 are different. The Aqua cabins were install after the initial build. People have been locked out on their balconies on deck 11. The door will slide on its own and lock.