Celebrity Summit Bayonne NJ Terminal Check in

Rhayne

We always on-line check in and print out our Express Pass. If you don't do that ahead of time, it will take you about 10-15 minutes extra time to do your check in at the counter when you arrive to the terminal.

On-Line check in really speeds up the process.

Does anyone have any experience with the terminal check in for the Celebrity Summit when it leaves out of NJ?

Tons. We have sailed form Bayonne (Cape Liberty) 16 times. What do you need to know? Are you driving and parking, getting dropped off, taking taxi, cruise ship transfers? Check-in is just like any other port. You go through security then you are directed to the appropriate check-in counter, you check in and if boarding hasn't started yet you are directed to sit in a designated waiting area.

Are you in a suite, CC, Aqua Class cabin?

Tons. We have sailed form Bayonne (Cape Liberty) 16 times. What do you need to know? Are you driving and parking, getting dropped off, taking taxi, cruise ship transfers? Check-in is just like any other port. You go through security then you are directed to the appropriate check-in counter, you check in and if boarding hasn't started yet you are directed to sit in a designated waiting area.

Are you in a suite, CC, Aqua Class cabin?

We are not in a suite, aqua class or any special cabin. We are captain club members though.

We are being dropped off by a family member. We live near the port so there are no transfers. We've never checked in at any other port before and we've always done online check-in in the past.

Is there anything extra we need to bring? In the past we've only had our xpress pass, the printed out booklet, our passports and drivers licences and the credit card we booked with.

I guess I'm just worried about how much extra time it takes.

EDIT: We missed the window for online check in this year because we booked super last minute.

Edited by Rhayne

We are not in a suite, aqua class or any special cabin. We are captain club members though.

We are being dropped off by a family member. We live near the port so there are no transfers. We've never checked in at any other port before and we've always done online check-in in the past.

Is there anything extra we need to bring? In the past we've only had our xpress pass, the printed out booklet, our passports and drivers licences and the credit card we booked with.

I guess I'm just worried about how much extra time it takes.

I would recommend getting to the port around 10:30am. You don't need anything other than the documents you mentioned. You will have your family member drop you off, the porters will take your luggage, and you walk into the terminal, go thru security, then you will be directed to a check in station. You should be on the ship by 11:00am.

Bring your printed cruise ticket booklet, credit card and passport. I doubt it will take you that much longer. If you can get to the port around 10:30 am it's usually quiet and lines are short. After 11:00 am things start to get busy.

There are special check-in lines Zenith, Elite and Elite+ Captain's Club Members, I think that was it.

THANKS! We had planned to get to the port early. We typically don't get there til 12:30-2. I'm glad it sounds like it'll still be a smooth process.

Edited by Rhayne