Comparison

LaPaloma

This might be fun--we have just completed our 10th Seabourn cruise-- on the Spirit. Now we have sailed on all three. All three ships are excellent, and we rate the ships in this order!

1. The Seabourn Legend--outstanding in all respects!

2. The Seabourn Pride--the cruise director was the best--Jan did a wonderful job. The tour person stunk--I think he was let go shortly after our cruise on the Pride. The Pride is great ship with a wonderful crew.

3. The Seabourn Spirit--Senior Staff was much more aloof--saw the Capt twice--at the Capt's welcome, and the Club party--the other staff members were hardly ever seen. The tour person was never in sight-- the tours were good, but not as good as those arranged by the other two ships. We had some bus drivers who were down right nasty. On the Ephesus tour our guide stopped the bus a 20 minute hard walk from the dock, so anyone who wanted could shop at his" favorite store"--this was after a 3 hour walk thru Ephesus. Not many people were happy with this--other than that, he gave us a fantastic trip thru the ruins. I think the food and service in the dining room and Veranda were the best of the three by a slight margin. The bartender in the Club makes a great Sapphire Martini!

We have two more Seabourn cruises booked--any one of the ships would be fine--won't say which ships we have chosen-- they are all great--anybody else want to nit-pick, and put your favorites in order???

La Paloma,

Isn't it funny - our order of preference is exactly opposite to yours:

1. Spirit - have never found any of the officers aloof and we love her itineraries.

2. Pride

3. Legend

However, having said that the difference between the three is miniscule and we are happy on any of them!!:o

La Paloma,

Isn't it funny - our order of preference is exactly opposite to yours:

1. Spirit - have never found any of the officers aloof and we love her itineraries.

2. Pride

3. Legend

However, having said that the difference between the three is miniscule and we are happy on any of them!!:o

It sure is hard to pick which is number is number 1--we have only sailed Spirit once, and it was great, and I can see how you picked it number 1. It really does require "nit picking", and probably the fact we have sailed Legend more often, and have a closer relationship with more Senior staff members makes the difference. However I'll take any of the three any time!!

Shelagh,

Have you sailed on the Legend with Geir-Arne?? You will do next week on the transatlantic and we think you may want to re-think your placement of our beloved Legend!! But whatever!!! Looking forward to seening you both VERY soon.

Kathryn (who just returned today from the Legend and cannot wait to get back)

Hi Kathryn,

Larry thinks so! Is he blond? I think he's the one that threw us off the banana boat!!! Glad you had a good time. We leave for Tenerife on Friday - are you spending any time there prior to boarding? I probably only placed Legend third because we've been on it fewer times. Looking forward to seeing you.

Shelagh

Hello Shelagh,

Yes he is blonde!! and great fun too! Will forgive you for not putting Legend higher than LAST!!! Brian says he will mention it to Geir-Arne:D

We are only going one day ahead of the cruise, as we have still lots to do first!!

Have a great time in Tenerife and see you at the Skybar SOON!!!

Kathryn

Kathryn......I have good friends that boarded the Queen Mary2 yesterday in NY City. They will fly from London to the Canary Islands and will be boarding the Legend for the Crossing. I received an e-mail from them this morning. Quote: "the ship is nice......BUT, not our cup of tea! Seabourn really has spoiled us. We don't care for paying for every 'lit thing!":mad: :mad:

Soooo, I think we can safely say......."Once Seabourn, Always Seabourn!"

Miss Martita B.

Greetings!

The 'Hunk' and I are waiting for you all! Fortunately, the effective boat blockade was resolved, so boarding in Malaga was another piece of cake. Having had to rise at 0330 to get to LGW by 0530 stretched my limits for wakeful tolerance. It was lovely to see my suitcase on the bed and finally my suite was 'put in place', and I was ready to relax.

The weather has been wonderful and today we sail from Seville, which I adore! Tomorrow is a sea day and then to Casablanca and Agadir. The Captain has been busy; yesterday the drawbridge on the river had an electrical malfunction and wouldn't open until some TLC from an electrician.

TTFN from 'Camp' Legend

You are quite naughty to cause envy among your fellow enthusiasts. In particular...having the HUNK all to yourself. Please give him a fond hello from a very sunny Tucson. Glad that your embarkation went without a hitch..I am certain that it was a concern. Lola

The othger night, LaPaloma, I met a couple who were recounting the evening at the Captain's table when the flambe dessert was a bit too high and Eric had to stop the water from flowing down from the newly installed sprinklers. Since you and the Captain had recounted this story, I figure they were at the table with you. Unless it happened more than once?

Today it was rainy and damp and even with Ramadan over last evening, almost everything in Casasblanca was closed for a family holiday. I did get some lovely roses and the only open souvenier shop in town had some postcards. I had hired a car, driver, and guide, but we ran out of touring options. And, with no 'Rick' what's a girl to do?

Yesterday, we had a sunny, albeit bouncy day from lots of swells. Seemed odd that we could rock and roll so much from what appeared to be calm seas. Saucers and sailors alike went flying at times. Since today the waters seemed rough as I toured around, I shall get a shower before we sail. Tonight is formal, with the Club cocktail party, which includes almost everyone on the full ship!

I am looking forward to meeting all who will board in Tenerrife. I shall be at what Eric calls my 'ususal place' at the Sky Bar with Phillies cap in clear view.

Jane......as to the "Flaming Bananas Foster" formal night catastrophe this has happened to me twice on the Pride! And yes,the 1st time, Eric DeGray saved the day.....one evening at Captain Rodahl's table Karl was preparing our flaming dessert when BOOM, his fire hit the sprinkler head above us. Talk about "drown rats in evening attire?" Eric came running from another area of the dining room and akin to the 'lit Dyke boy, stopped the surge. Another evening, the exact same thing happened......I'll never forget it as to after the sprinkler finally stopped, and we were all soaked, my Mother said, "well, now, wasn't that FUN?" Brought the entire table down laughing.......attitude is still king!

Have fun.......smooth seas!

MB

Jane..evidently...the "FLAME UPS" happen more frequently than we knew! In all of our sailings..we have only seen it once! Hang in there with the bounces..good idea about showering before the sail. That is the only time that the movement worries me...it can get slippery in the shower. Sounds like your life aboard is fabulous as usual. Hope that you get some real fun people embarking. Enjoy some champagne for us..and do some great wins at Trivia! We have trivia night at the club now, but their questions are not as fun as the ones shipboard....is anthing come to think of it??? ha... enjoy! Lola

Well, nothing like an anouncement from the Captain and learning that a relative was almost sacked by pirates!!! Wendy and I were thinking about Norm, but I thought he had already disembarked! The photo is great and of course, all the posts.

Morocco was interesting. Casablanca was grim (cold, rainy and closed for the holiday after Ramadan), but Agadir and Tiznit were what I had 'expected' and therefore interesting. Ramadan and it's closeure played havoc on the shopping. I did learn about the 'blue' people and how to find them. But I am not sure I want to bother.

Today we dock in one of the Canaries. There is an afternoon tour, the exclusive Seabourn event. Last day of trivia and "we" are #2. I pulled a ringer when I insisted that Merv Griffin had a one hit wonder with 'I've Got a Loverly Bunch of Coconuts". They were all impressed. Guess afternoon tv does pay off.

Tonight's the Barbecue and 'Rock the Boat', always a crowd pleaser. And, you might note, that this cruise I did finally attend the 'Galley Market Lunch'.

Safe Sailing to you all!

(edited for typos, blaming them on the 'swells'

Archived