Celebrity customer service

tercar

Oh dear......just over two weeks ago I rang customer service(UK) after waiting 57 minutes to get through I eventually bought some OBC today I looked on my cruise planner! Guess what ...no OBC showing. I rang again today to query this to be informed it had been overlooked. Was then informed several hours ago now that I would receive an email showing it had been credited. No email no OBC showing. I asked to apply some further OBC to my next cruise....37 minutes later the guy picked up the phone and said sorry I forgot you were on hold. As I had an appointment I could not further be put on hold as I was already running late by this time. Was informed I would receive a phone call at 3 pm to organise this, I know it's only 40 minutes late at this point. But no phone call and I'm really peeved that I've spent best part of my day either ringing celebrity or waiting for the, to call.....come on celebrity what's happened to your customer service??? At this moment I am not a happy bunny[emoji36][emoji36][emoji36]

Oh dear......just over two weeks ago I rang customer service(UK) after waiting 57 minutes to get through I eventually bought some OBC today I looked on my cruise planner! Guess what ...no OBC showing. I rang again today to query this to be informed it had been overlooked. Was then informed several hours ago now that I would receive an email showing it had been credited. No email no OBC showing. I asked to apply some further OBC to my next cruise....37 minutes later the guy picked up the phone and said sorry I forgot you were on hold. As I had an appointment I could not further be put on hold as I was already running late by this time. Was informed I would receive a phone call at 3 pm to organise this, I know it's only 40 minutes late at this point. But no phone call and I'm really peeved that I've spent best part of my day either ringing celebrity or waiting for the, to call.....come on celebrity what's happened to your customer service??? At this moment I am not a happy bunny[emoji36][emoji36][emoji36]

As a stockholder in the parent and a frequent celebrity cruiser, these guys get a D- for customer service, website and follow-up - and that is very, very dismaying. They have the resources to be among the best....the commitment just is not there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As a stockholder in the parent and a frequent celebrity cruiser, these guys get a D- for customer service, website and follow-up - and that is very, very dismaying. They have the resources to be among the best....the commitment just is not there.

More like a Z ... I refuse to call a premium phone line anymore. Last year my call was over £15.00 and what's so annoying is he forgot he had me on hold grrrrr

Did you call the Captain's Club number or just regular customer service? I've never had an issue w/ their service or follow-up but always call the Captain's Club line.

I rang the regular number. I have now just emailed them, so we wi

L see how long this reply takes its so frustrating that you have to check that things are right. They are not the best at getting these things done in a timely manner

Ive never had a problem on the phone in fact the lady was extremely helpful and told me what she could over the phone and emailed me the rest when she had spoke to the chef on the ship

Ive never had a problem on the phone in fact the lady was extremely helpful and told me what she could over the phone and emailed me the rest when she had spoke to the chef on the ship

May your good luck continue.

tercar

No excuse, I know, but they are extremely busy with OBC purchases at the moment - I cannot imagine why ...... :rolleyes: [For those of you not in the UK, Celebrity have been offering an extremely good rate of exchange on OBC since the result of our referendum.]

I also received a 'phone call yesterday admitting that there is a problem with their computer system [who would have thought .... :rolleyes:] and the Amenity Confirmation sent following online purchases are incorrect increasing how busy they are.

One thing that may help the number of calls they are getting is that if they gave out correct information. Purchased OBC does not show up on you account online. It is designed as a gift and allowing you to see it online would spoil the surprise if it was a surprise gift. You should, however, receive an Amenity Confirmation via email ... but, then, that is what is not working properly.

Edited by Project_gal

I've only had one issue with Celebrity online and that is the original booking invoice doesn't match what's on line. ITs missing the OBC. The original booking hard copy invoice has it and we have a copy of that but when calling our celebrity cruise rep he says its on his end too but not showing on line so we can see it. Said its a computer glitch. Don't know why h just can't update it.

I read a lot of these threads and there is nothing but complaints about Celebritys site.

They say Celebrity reads these threads so why can't this site be fixed? For first time cruisers if they experience a bad hard to use website they will move on.

Not really sure why it can't be corrected.

We are eight days from our Celebrity Cruise, which we booked April 2015. We have had nothing but problems with both the website and the customer service, when we called. All reservations were booked with celebrity directly.

There are three cabins in our group: One Suite, one concierge level and one standard cabin, and last cabin occupant is from the UK while the first two from the U.S.

We have tried to link the reservations so many times. They say they are linked and then come unlinked. We currently show un-linked. They are nonchalant about it on the phone. "just take care of it when you get on board". Um. That is what planning is all about, not waiting until the last moment.

We have tried to book joint reservations at specialty reservations to no avail.

The website would list a balance due after we were paid in full.

The Rep actually sent me someone else's invoice once instead of my own.

Regardless of the quality of the cruise itself, we have talked among our group about how this will make us hesitate booking with them in the future.

The worst part is we never have these problems on Royal Caribbean.

Celebrity doesn't need to read these threads to know their website is a disaster - they know it already and have for a long time.

The support, technical and communications end of the business is weak despite the resources to make these things world-class.

To this point, then, the commitment is simply not there.

They do the job on the high seas and leave these other items as orphans in the storm.

If you've had good luck, you haven't dealt with them much or you are very lucky.

DJ