Mariner Horizon View Suites

jsdjkl35

7 hours ago, pdaniel said:

Cat-

Thank you for that explanation.  Our experience vs your tours differ, but I agree and respect everyone’s choices.

BTW, who arranges these tours of suites?  Also, does your TA offer free cruises on Regent and NCL?  

Two of our three tours of the Explorer PH suite was on the christening cruise.  Although the ship was full, management from Corporate made their suites available for viewing (with someone in the suite to assure that nothing was taken or messed with).  As I've mentioned previously, some of the upper suite categories have changed so the Seven Seas suite that we toured in now an Explorer suite and the Explorer suites that we toured are now Grand suites.  In any case, tours are not typically done.

Have never heard of free cruises on NCL or Regent.  However, if you get an invitation to a christening cruise (usually a 3-7 day cruise), there is no charge so I guess they are technically free cruises (excluding air).  

Cat,

I guess no charge equates to free.  Too bad air was not included, maybe next time.  

“Although the ship was full, management from Corporate made their suites available for viewing (with someone in the suite to assure that nothing was taken or messed with).”

That’s disturbing.  Obviously, suites were occupied.  Amazing to learn that corporate accompanies uninvited guests to a suite when occupants are away so prying eyes can peruse one’s “private” space.  

Sounds familiar.  A poster a few years ago discussed viewing upper suites mid cruise on Oceania.  I guess “corporate” makes these tours available?  

Is that a Regent Choice small group tour?

pdaniel-- I believe you misinterpreted what was being communicated.  The suites that were toured were occupied by Regent Corporate employees who were well aware that they were being viewed by prospective future customers.  Makes perfect sense.

1 hour ago, pdaniel said:

Cat,

I guess no charge equates to free.  Too bad air was not included, maybe next time.  

“Although the ship was full, management from Corporate made their suites available for viewing (with someone in the suite to assure that nothing was taken or messed with).”

That’s disturbing.  Obviously, suites were occupied.  Amazing to learn that corporate accompanies uninvited guests to a suite when occupants are away so prying eyes can peruse one’s “private” space.  

Sounds familiar.  A poster a few years ago discussed viewing upper suites mid cruise on Oceania.  I guess “corporate” makes these tours available?  

Is that a Regent Choice small group tour?

wcsdkqh is 100% correct - the Corporate passengers gave permission for their suites to be shown on the tour.  Obviously, the most popular on the tour was the Regent Suite (occupied by Frank Del Rio and his family).  It was interesting just to see (and barely touch) the $250,000 bed in the master bedroom.

Keep in mind also that the "passengers" were mostly Regent, Oceania and NCL management, Regent employees, investors, friends and family of Regent employees and a few (less than 30) Titanium Seven Seas Society members (there could have been some TA's since the pre-christening sailings for TA's were cancelled (the ship was barely finished when we boarded).

Edited by Travelcat2