All about Honeymoons!💍

Hello everyone! There are a lot of threads about wedding cruises but I mostly want to know about honeymoon cruises :). I am getting married after I graduate college in 2018. So either May or June. We live in Florida and it will be our first ever cruise and coming out of college we aren't looking for anything to kill our wallets (so no luxury cruises). Jon (my love) has been looking at either RC Oasis of the Seas or Harmony of the Seas. We have been discussing back to back cruises and other cruise lines. What experience did you have? What cruise line did you go on? We do not smoke or drink so should we bother getting honeymoon packages? If you were married on a cruise how did your honeymoon go? Did you order a package? Did you get any special treatments? Did you use a travel agent? Did you or would you do a back to back cruise? Thanks!!! โค๏ธ๐Ÿ›ณ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ‘ฐ๐Ÿพ

• 4 weeks later...
Hello everyone! There are a lot of threads about wedding cruises but I mostly want to know about honeymoon cruises :). I am getting married after I graduate college in 2018. So either May or June. We live in Florida and it will be our first ever cruise and coming out of college we aren't looking for anything to kill our wallets (so no luxury cruises). Jon (my love) has been looking at either RC Oasis of the Seas or Harmony of the Seas. We have been discussing back to back cruises and other cruise lines. What experience did you have? What cruise line did you go on? We do not smoke or drink so should we bother getting honeymoon packages? If you were married on a cruise how did your honeymoon go? Did you order a package? Did you get any special treatments? Did you use a travel agent? Did you or would you do a back to back cruise? Thanks!!! โค๏ธ๐Ÿ›ณ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ‘ฐ๐Ÿพ

ย 

Though most people love cruising, it is not for everyone. I would be a little hesitant on my first cruise to do a back to back. I would love to do the Oasis of the Seas myself, its on my bucket list. My first cruise was Holland, next 12 was Carnival (yes I became a cruise junkie). I am getting married on the Carnival Sunshine next year. They offer some great wedding packages and we figured out we could do a wedding on ship and our honeymoon for less than a land based wedding. They offer options if you get married on ship before it sails that non-cruising guest can actually board for your wedding and ceremony. From everything I have read you really do not get much special treatment for being honeymooners, once the wedding is over you are just pretty much one of the guest.

ย 

I would suggest going with an experienced travel agent since this is your first cruise, they can offer you lots of personal advice and recommendations and often they will through in perks such as on board credits that you may not get with booking directly thru the cruise line. Also looking into starting a honeymoon registry, this will help soften the wallet.