How big are safes on Majesty?

In standard cabins, where and how big are the safes in them please? and also how much for a week?

Sounds daft, but how "safe" are the safes? Would they fit a laptop in? iPad? How many?

I expect most people get a safe do they for their gadgets and passports and money to be stored safely?

What type are they? A number code of your choosing, like we've had in hotels in past?

What other tips please for safety of our gadgets, money, passports and documents on a cruise (newbies!)

Thanks

We were able to fit an iPad into the safe in an inside plus cabin. I think it was the 'choose your own number' type. It's £15 for one week or £25 for two.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I doubt you'd get a laptop in though.

I can only assume the safes are safe although someone from Reception can over-ride the code (as they have had to do for us on more than one occasion - don't know whether that was the safe or our fault) but clearly it's possible for them to open it and enable you to re set it. I wouldn't however be at all concerned about that and we assume anything in the safe is quite safe. Having said that everything we've left out and not in the safe has been safe too. I would always use the safe for our passports though unless you have to take them ashore.

However we haven't had experience of this but other posters have pointed out in the past that some travel insurance may not cover you for the loss of items if a safe is provided and you chose not to use it. That makes the safe being chargeable a bit of an issue as if you don't pay up it could mean you're not fully insured.

I don't think insurance companies could reject a claim for not putting a laptop in a safe if it doesn't fit you are expected to take reasonable precautions IE don't leave it in plain site as with most possessions