Venice gondola ride

Any thoughts on taking the NCL gondola ride excursion? We will be staying an extra night in Venice after the end of our Mediterranean cruise, so we could take it the next night, but from what I've read it can be a hassle arranging a gondola ride on one's own and was curious as to the advisability of going on the regular excursion.

Thank you!

I don't know about the NCL excursion, but it was no hassle at all to get one on our own.

We just took the people mover and then walked a little way until we saw one waiting.

We appreciated getting one from a quieter location rather than near St Marks, where it always looks very busy.

Any thoughts on taking the NCL gondola ride excursion? We will be staying an extra night in Venice after the end of our Mediterranean cruise, so we could take it the next night, but from what I've read it can be a hassle arranging a gondola ride on one's own and was curious as to the advisability of going on the regular excursion. Thank you!

Suggest going in the afternoon when the prices are cheaper than the evening. At least they were when we were in Venice. Don't forget to have your 'chosen one' sing "O sole mio" to you during the ride. Enjoy...

Any thoughts on taking the NCL gondola ride excursion? We will be staying an extra night in Venice after the end of our Mediterranean cruise, so we could take it the next night, but from what I've read it can be a hassle arranging a gondola ride on one's own and was curious as to the advisability of going on the regular excursion.

Thank you!

It wasn't difficult at all to obtain one when we were there. He even negotiated the price a little. Expect to pay about 100Euro for 45 mins for 2 people.

I would not pre-arrange or pay anyone for a gondola ride. It is very easy to arrange one on the spot. You just approach any of them and ask their price (and optionally try to negotiate it -- not always successful). If you are walking/exploring in Venice, the gondola's will be all over the place. Wait until you want to ride one; wait until you're in an area where you want to ride one; wait until the weather/sun is perfect for riding one; etc. Do it when the time is right for you.

Edited by MeHeartCruising

Newtocruising:

Just came back from Venice mid June. We had 6 people in our Gondola and were charged 80 Euro for 45 min. total.

We were a couple of blocks away from St. Mark's Square and we choose to not be on the main Canal the whole time because it was very busy and choppy water.

This ride was taken in the mid afternoon around 3-3:30pm.

No need to pre-arrange your ride.

Have a great time.