Anthem Entertainment

Sailing in two weeks. Even though I've been reassured in this forum that Anthem is great, still nervous. The reviews posted elsewhere on this site are not encouraging. Got my dinner reservations and the major shows. Really only interested in Rock You. So what else is going on at night. Piano bar, comedy etc. Thanks

Edited by marbat105

We just wandered around the ship listening for the sounds of music . If something caught our ear we went in. Most of the venues are concentrated on deck 4 and 5 and you can hear music as you walk. ( Michaels pub, schooner bar, boleros etc..) I don't know if they will be there when you sail, but we happened to pass by the Royal Theater one night around 9 and there was a group called Edge Effect listed. We went in and they were fantastic. 270 had a Journey cover band that played a couple of times during our sail. They were also very good. Definitely keep an eye on the compass. There was a comedian. He was at the Welcome aboard show and was going to be having an adult only show later that evening. I don't remember if he had another show later in the week. We missed it tho. We were exhausted and the rocking of the boat was getting to us.

Lisa

I was just checking the compasses that are posted. they are a bit different from the ones we had on our sailing. We had booked shows and the times were changed...not sure which times are reflected on the above compasses. They have the welcome aboard show listed at 745, ours was 730. They had a note to move clocks ahead on day 1, our warning about moving the clocks ahead was listed on the day 2 compass.

Lisa

Sailing in two weeks. Even though I've been reassured in this forum that Anthem is great, still nervous. The reviews posted elsewhere on this site are not encouraging. Got my dinner reservations and the major shows. Really only interested in Rock You. So what else is going on at night. Piano bar, comedy etc. Thanks

We've been on Anthem now in the double digits, besides it being very convenient for us to get to the port, we really enjoy the ship, the crew the entertainment, etc. There's a lot of entertainment nightly and sometimes we don't know what to see first. Our favorite is spending time in the Music Hall listening to the House Band, a Tribute band, Anthem Rocks, Groovy Town, Karaoke, etc. They'll be shows going on in 270 and in The Royal Theatre, also movies playing nightly at the pool, along with music in the Schooner Bar, Boleros, Michael's Pub, etc. you will not be bored at night on Anthem.

We love WWRY and have seen it numerous times.

Have a wonderful time and I hope you enjoy your cruise as much as we have enjoyed all of ours on Anthem :D

We've been on Anthem now in the double digits, besides it being very convenient for us to get to the port, we really enjoy the ship, the crew the entertainment, etc. There's a lot of entertainment nightly and sometimes we don't know what to see first. Our favorite is spending time in the Music Hall listening to the House Band, a Tribute band, Anthem Rocks, Groovy Town, Karaoke, etc. They'll be shows going on in 270 and in The Royal Theatre, also movies playing nightly at the pool, along with music in the Schooner Bar, Boleros, Michael's Pub, etc. you will not be bored at night on Anthem.

We love WWRY and have seen it numerous times.

Have a wonderful time and I hope you enjoy your cruise as much as we have enjoyed all of ours on Anthem :D

Sounds perfect for us. We are big music fans. Especially Classic Rock. Thanks much

Edited by marbat105