Balcony Discount for Solo Cruiser

If a Platinum level cruiser is solo, how much of a balcony discount do they receive? Is it half of the discount or do they get the same as 2 cruising in a cabin together?

Also what are the current discount amounts by level?

Thanks!

Solo cruisers get the full balcony discount.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2015457

Thanks, Bob, for your prompt response.

I am researching for a 2019 cruise and hoping our daughter can go too.

Also, is the "bring a friend promotion" still available and what does that entail?

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=345&faqSubjectName=Membership+Online+&faqId=4736

Solo cruisers get the full balcony discount.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2015457

Bob - solo cruisers get the full balcony discount unless they are booked in a solo balcony (SB) on a quantum class ship like Anthem where they get half the eligible balcony discount. Single points = half balcony discount

Bob - solo cruisers get the full balcony discount unless they are booked in a solo balcony (SB) on a quantum class ship like Anthem where they get half the eligible balcony discount. Single points = half balcony discount

Thanks Carol, I didn't know that.:)

Just another quirk of solo cruising! When quantum first came out I was able to get the full discount, but they plugged that "loophole" very quickly.

What about OBC from booking on board? Do the solo cruisers in studio staterooms get shorted on that too?

I didn't find this answer. Does the friend have to book their own cabin or can they be in the same cabin with the C&A member?

Thank you for your helpful information and quick reference to links.

What about OBC from booking on board? Do the solo cruisers in studio staterooms get shorted on that too?

The OBC is reduced in a studio cabin.

I didn't find this answer. Does the friend have to book their own cabin or can they be in the same cabin with the C&A member?

Your friend does not have to book their own cabin.

Edited by Life is Good Cruising

The friend can be in the same stateroom as you. Note also that there is only one credit per stateroom. In other words, if you have two friends in their own stateroom, you would only get $25 for that stateroom.

Edited by clarea

Apparently they do. I don't book on board because I've found I do better when itineraries first come out. Overall I lose money and cabin selection by waiting until I'm on board to get a small OBC.

Linda and Bob, thank you for the clarification on the "bring a friend". Looking for ways to save just a little money.

You're welcome and I hope it works out for you.:)