Currency conversion authorisation

wingfield

Hi - I'm just filling all my pre cruise paper work and can't remember which is the best option to choose for currency conversion on my on board account.

Do I:

a) Choose to pay my onboard charges in the currency of my card and use Celebrity cruises currency conversion programme

OR

b) Choose to have my credit card issuer convert my onboard charges to the currency of my card in lieu of participating in the Celebrity cruises currency conversion programme

Hope someone can help!

Thank you

Hi - I'm just filling all my pre cruise paper work and can't remember which is the best option to choose for currency conversion on my on board account.

Do I:

a) Choose to pay my onboard charges in the currency of my card and use Celebrity cruises currency conversion programme

OR

b) Choose to have my credit card issuer convert my onboard charges to the currency of my card in lieu of participating in the Celebrity cruises currency conversion programme

Hope someone can help!

Thank you

Definitely B

Thank you - would you mind explaining why?

In Uk your CC issuer will always tell you to opt to pay for goods in the cards currency using the card company exchange rate.

It is always a better exchange rate than the cruiseline.

Thank you very much - I appreciate your help

You are welcome. I always have to read the options carefully so that I tick the correct box!!!! My friend always phones as he can never remember which option!

Enjoy your cruise.

In Uk your CC issuer will always tell you to opt to pay for goods in the cards currency using the card company exchange rate.

It is always a better exchange rate than the cruiseline.

Furthermore, if you use a credit card that does not charge a fee for currency conversion and let your credit card company do the conversion, you do not pay any currency conversion fees at all.

Part way through your cruise go to guest relations and get them to confirm your choice of having your card provider do the exchange. Despite you filling in the form they sometimes still go ahead and use the cruise line exchange. Best to remind them of your request.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Filled mine in last week and as previously said, option b definitely. I have a Halifax Clarity credit card applied for it for this cruise specifically as they don't charge fees as my other cc charges 3%.

Filled mine in last week and as previously said, option b definitely. I have a Halifax Clarity credit card applied for it for this cruise specifically as they don't charge fees as my other cc charges 3%.

We have the Halifax Clarity card too and it is a winner. Definitely option B.

• 5 months later...