Final payment info for group booking

NotlocTRD

Hi folks,

I'm the delegated cruise leader in my group of 13 and will be handling the booking/planning for our planned 4 night cruise on the Sky in January. I have a couple questions that I need to get answered before booking and hopefully y'all can help me out. I plan on booking through BJ's travel as I have in the past.

1 - I understand that one person/credit card must be charged for the booking, therefore I have collected the initial $100 deposits from everybody in our group to get the ball rolling for the booking. Once I make the reservations, will each person in our group be able to complete their final payments with their individual credit cards or will I be required to gather the funds and pay the final balance on my credit card?

2 - If everybody is allowed to pay individually, will there be any financial repercussions for me, since I made the booking, if someone does not pay off their individual balance? Or would the person who hasn't paid their balance by the due date be liable for any cancellation fees?

Basically, once the booking is complete via my credit card, will the rest of the group be able to call NCL and make their final payment with 12 separate credit cards on the booking in my name?

I have searched all over and can't find specific answers. I figured I'd make a thread and get input, then give NCL a call tomorrow morning when I have time.

Thank you!

Once booked everyone can log into my NCL and do their own payments online or just by calling NCL. Any phone rep can make a payment. You will not lose anything as you said they all made the deposit to you. If they cancel after final payment they lose the deposit, if they cancel before you will get a credit on your credit card but the person who does not cancel themselves will now be liable for double occupancy rates.

Hope that answers all your questions

Since OP is going to book through a TA, all the questions should be directed to that specific TA. Also they can't make payments through NCL directly.

But I will say that making all the bookings under one name does not sound right.

Edited by Demonyte

Once booked everyone can log into my NCL and do their own payments online or just by calling NCL. Any phone rep can make a payment. You will not lose anything as you said they all made the deposit to you. If they cancel after final payment they lose the deposit, if they cancel before you will get a credit on your credit card but the person who does not cancel themselves will now be liable for double occupancy rates.

Hope that answers all your questions

I don't think they will be able to log into MyNCL and make payments or call NCL to make payments since it is being booked through a TA. All payments will have to be made through the Travel Agent (which we aren't allowed to name). But each cabin should be able to call and make their own payments through the TA.

Since OP is going to book through a TA, all the questions should be directed to that specific TA. Also they can't make payments through NCL directly.

But I will say that making all the bookings under one name does not sound right.

I agree. OP, I think you will find that in all actuality you will have one reservation per cabin which is then put into the group. Each reservation will pay through the TA.

Why do people book through a TA then come here with unanswered questions?

Shouldn't these issues be resolved by the TA? :confused:

Haven't booked yet and trying to get my ducks in a row before I do so. I'm not in a position to call the TA right now but figured I'd post a quick thread and get input to clear up some initial confusion.

Thanks for the helpful reply though...

I don't think they will be able to log into MyNCL and make payments or call NCL to make payments since it is being booked through a TA. All payments will have to be made through the Travel Agent (which we aren't allowed to name). But each cabin should be able to call and make their own payments through the TA.

Thank you all who have chimed in. I appreciate it. :)

I understand that there will be a lead person in each cabin who will lead the reservation in each of their respective cabins. I use the term "group" loosely, meaning the general party of cruisers that I am booking together. Not quite at the "group" number in terms of discounts though.

If you're not getting any group benefits, there is no point in your group having a group leader (as far as NCL is concerned). I don't know the dynamics of your party, but I suspect you are inviting trouble for yourself by agreeing to play the middleman for everyone else's booking. I'm not saying you will be liable for any payments for them, but they may feel like someone else is taking responsibility for their bookings and pay less attention to payment deadlines and other crucial details. And when things go wrong because they drop the ball on their own bookings, they will blame you. And again, on the other side of the balance, there is absolutely zero advantage for you or for the group as a whole.