Which Voom plan?

Do I need surf and streaming to use iMessage ? I was hoping to just buy surf t check a couple of emails per day ( I have to as I have my own business ) and use iMessage but I called and the RC lady said iMessage is considered streaming? Then she admitted she did not have an iPhone so she did not really know. I may also want to make FaceTime voice calls once or twice but that is not totally necessary . I just basically want to know if the cheaper surf package supports iMessage ? Also is downloading a book to my kindle app considered streaming too?

Surf is all that is required for iMessage. Downloading a book is not streaming video.

Clarea, thank you , have you used it so do you know for sure? This RC woman acted like downloading a book was considered streaming which I have never heard before

Clarea, thank you , have you used it so do you know for sure? This RC woman acted like downloading a book was considered streaming which I have never heard before

Yes, I've download a book for my Kindle on the pre-Voom (even slower) internet. Took a few minutes but it worked fine.

Cool. I wonder why she told me iMessage would be considered streaming ? Weird right ?

Unfortunately, not weird with RC. The customer service reps seem to make up answers all too often. They would do us all a great service if they would just say "I don't know" when they don't know.

Edited by clarea

Cool. I wonder why she told me iMessage would be considered streaming ? Weird right ?

2 possibilities..

1. She's a newb and doesn't understand what streaming is.

2. She's trying to steer you towards the more expensive package.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk