Had an amazing cruise on Adventure of the Seas July 16 - 23

, I guess we’ll never know if he had an ulterior motive. .

That was that I was thinking when you wrote that. I've seen on other islands where the different businesses will pay taxi driver's to show preference to their establishments. I've been reading a lot of Antigua beach reviews lately hoping for the day we go back there. I saw a beautiful beach while taking the worst official Royal Excursion ever back in 2014. Someday I will visit a beach here again.

• 2 weeks later...
Were there any sights to see on your way to the beach in Antiqua? On the beach was their food and drinks available?

I don't remember anything in particular along the way, but once we were out of main port area, which was busy and seemed a little overcrowded, it was a very pretty island. There was a restaurant at the beach we went to. We had lunch there (bbq chicken, jerk chicken, burgers, etc) and you could also get a drink or a beer and take it with you.

Got a little sidetracked with work and haven’t been able to continue writing. This vacation is starting to seem so far away now that reality has started to set in, so I better finish this review before I forget everything. We arrived in St. Lucia on Wednesday to terrible weather. It was pouring rain and it did not look like the type of storm that was going to pass over quickly. We had booked the Jalousie Beach Break with Spencer Ambrose Tours. I had read great things about this tour on Cruise Critic, and we were all so disappointed when we saw the weather. The thought of sitting on a speed boat or on a beach all day in the pouring rain was not too appealing to any of us. Since we had paid a deposit, we were not sure what we should do, so we went to the meeting place to talk to them and find out what our options are, thinking maybe they offer a different type of tour for bad weather. When we got to the meeting place, there were crowds of people standing around waiting on different tours. We found Spencer’s group and I found one of his staff members to talk to her. I asked her if the tour was still going as planned and she said it was and that she was pretty certain the weather would clear up. I asked if there was any coverage on the boat from the rain and she said no. So, I asked if we could have our deposit refunded and she said yes, but we would have to wait until the end of the day when she got back from the tour. We felt very torn as we really were looking forward to this tour, but we made the decision to cancel. Although it wasn’t raining the entire time, the weather never did clear up completely. I waited until a few days ago and when I did not receive the refund, I emailed Spencer and he graciously refunded my deposit today. Hopefully, we will have a chance to visit St. Lucia again and do this tour.

So, enough about what we didn’t do in St. Lucia, what we did decide to do is a land tour. There were many tour guides walking around offering different things so we decided to do a tour of the Island. Our driver, Vernon, drove us around and showed us the island. We had a great day seeing this beautiful island. We stopped at a banana stand and tried several different things they were selling (banana ketchup, hot sauce, plantains, homemade rum, piton beer) and bought some to enjoy for the tour and some to take home with us. The driver took us to the volcano and we had the option to go in (for an additional fee) or go to the sulphur springs and mud baths (also for an additional fee) but no one wanted to do this, so we just continued on the tour. We stopped at many different spots to take pictures, including a view of the pitons as well as Sugar Beach in the distance (which we would have gone to on our Spencer Ambrose tour) and of course there were local vendors selling lots of things along the way. St. Lucia is really a beautiful island and I would really love to go back some day.

When we got back to the port we did some shopping before getting on the ship and then we watched some latecomers running back to the ship as it was getting ready to leave.