beach day in martinique

vamcd

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I saw pictures of Plage des Salines a beach on the south side. It is a white sandy beach. Does anyone know who much it would cost to take a cab there? We are on the island from 12:00 to 7:00 which seems long enough to go to that beach.

• 10 months later...

Whatever you do, don't go to Anse Mitan, a very ugly beach.

I don't know about taxi fare or how long it would take to get to Salines but I heard from our excursion desk on the ship that a ferry runs from the cruise port to Salines and it takes 45 minutes each way. Wish we had gone there but we we had to be back on our ship at 2:30pm and got a late start that morning so we went to a closer beach, ( Anse Mitan ),What a mistake! I hear that Pointe Du Bout is better than the dumpy beach we went to. Hope this helps someone.

Whatever you do, don't go to Anse Mitan, a very ugly beach.

I don't know about taxi fare or how long it would take to get to Salines but I heard from our excursion desk on the ship that a ferry runs from the cruise port to Salines and it takes 45 minutes each way. Wish we had gone there but we we had to be back on our ship at 2:30pm and got a late start that morning so we went to a closer beach, ( Anse Mitan ),What a mistake! I hear that Pointe Du Bout is better than the dumpy beach we went to. Hope this helps someone.

We will be in Martinique in April and are also looking for a nice Caribbean beach. What in particular was wrong with Anse Mitan?

We were looking to go to Pointe Du Bout but it may be better to take the extra time to go to Salines. Any opinions?

• 4 weeks later...

Gloria--

We were on the Sun Princess 3 years ago and had a very good time. Production shows were good, as I recall, but I can't remember any details about them. The theater actually stands out clearer in my mind--probably one of the nicest entertainment venues I've ever been in. It's a very comfortable ship, not too large but lots of nice places to get away, sit and relax. Dining was excellent, at least in the dining rooms. The buffet was crowded and a little disappointing in quality. Overall, you should have a great time!

Tmeister, thanks for the reply. We have already been and are home (sure wish we were going again next week :) ) and we did indeed love the Sun Princess. The production shows were outstanding! They were Piano Man, Tribute, C'est Magnifique, and Curtain Up.

We said the cruise overall was the best yet, even with rough weather and about 100 pax sick with noro. We are lucky not to suffer from motion sickness and we also avoided the germs and stayed well.

Wish we were headed back right now!

Happy Holidays!

Archived