what would you do?!!!

ash713

I have posted about this before so I apologize in advance. The price for a guarantee balcony has now gone down to $20 more than what I paid to choose my own ocean view room. My concern is 1) where they will put me as I would hate to be above the club 2) I have a $50 onboard credit I would lose (and I can't decide if it's worth it to lose that and risk getting a crappy room) and 3) I have FTTF. Forgive me for being so naive, but how does that work with a guarantee if I don't have my room assignment until possibly the day before or day of that we sail? My head is spinning with all of the possibilities. I just want this to be an amazing cruise because it is my husband's first one and our honeymoon and I just want to have the best experience. What we currently have is a 6C ocean view room which is below the restaurant/galley which isn't that great either. Right?!! Someone help please!! :confused::confused::confused: Thank you!

Ashley

I would never take a guarantee because I am extremely picky about my cabin. I wake up easily and being under the galley or Lido buffet, or above the Disco WILL NOT work for me. I would spend the entire week "ticked" off and in a very foul mood.

I would:

#1 - see if there are any other OV cabins you can move to if you are under the galley. MDR is no problem as it is carpeted and you won't hear anything - been there, done that 4 times. If your location is good, stay put.

or

#2 - If there aren't any better OV cabins and your current one stinks, pay the additional extra to choose your balcony.

Plenty of people have gotten lucky with guarantees and plenty of people have been extremely unhappy. For me it's not a chance I am willing to take. My vacations are too important. If you sleep like the dead, then it's a coin toss.

I have turned down free upgrades from OV to balcony because I don't like the way the balcony doors slam and it gets on my nerves. Therefore I won't be staying in any balconies on Carnival. Only exception is maybe a Cove balcony because they look cool.

And it's not true that once you go balcony, you'll never stay in anything else. My first 8 cruises were in balconies exclusively, followed by the rest in OVs and insides. I go where I am most happy - in an inside/OV and with extra cash in my pocket :D

The balcony door won't slam if you don't let it. Wish they had sliding doors.

I'm not worried about ME slamming the doors - it's the neighbors. I have had it happen and do not enjoy the entire wall where my head is laying shaking and the startling noise. I too wish they had sliding glass doors. I'm all about a balcony on Celebrity.

I don't like guarantee. I have only done it once and I asked my TA to beg for a cabin above deck 6. I ended up on deck 3, was miserable from the noise above me. Just like the other poster I am to picky about my cabin. I would do what she advises. You seem to have a crappy room but you can look up reviews by Googling ship name, cabin number & reviews. Then with that knowledge either call and see what better OV you can change to, what balcony you can upgrade to or stay in your cabin and make the best of it but since it is your honeymoon you want it to be special.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear what you guys are saying, but I figured it (hopefully) can't get any worse than it already was. I went ahead and booked it hoping for a really good location. I'm going to look at it from the glass half full perspective. I was going to keep it a secret from my husband, but I couldn't and as soon as he got home from work, I told him and he is so excited and shocked at how cheap the upgrade is. Only 39 more days to go!!! We seriously can't wait!

I hear what you guys are saying, but I figured it (hopefully) can't get any worse than it already was. I went ahead and booked it hoping for a really good location. I'm going to look at it from the glass half full perspective. I was going to keep it a secret from my husband, but I couldn't and as soon as he got home from work, I told him and he is so excited and shocked at how cheap the upgrade is. Only 39 more days to go!!! We seriously can't wait!

It can be a whole lot worse. Over the disco you you will feel/hear music and bass until the wee hours of the morning. Below the Lido Buffet you will hear carts going across the tile floors all hours of the night. Under the pool deck, the chairs scraping across when they stack them up and wash the deck at night and put them back super early in the morning.

Like I said there is no way I would have done it. Especially for a first cruise. But what's done is done. I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

We will be on the Breeze on Sept 4. We also upgraded from an inside to a GTY balcony. Still waiting on an assignment. We did a GTY once before and got an extended aft. It was great. Good luck and let us know what room you got.

I would have gone with the balcony guarantee in a heartbeat. If you had picked a cabin that you really loved originally, it may have made the decision a little harder, but I think I would still have gone with the balcony. No comparison between the two.

Nothing like having that first cup of morning coffee on your balcony. I also love being on the balcony while pulling into each port.

I have posted about this before so I apologize in advance. The price for a guarantee balcony has now gone down to $20 more than what I paid to choose my own ocean view room. My concern is 1) where they will put me as I would hate to be above the club 2) I have a $50 onboard credit I would lose (and I can't decide if it's worth it to lose that and risk getting a crappy room) and 3) I have FTTF. Forgive me for being so naive, but how does that work with a guarantee if I don't have my room assignment until possibly the day before or day of that we sail? My head is spinning with all of the possibilities. I just want this to be an amazing cruise because it is my husband's first one and our honeymoon and I just want to have the best experience. What we currently have is a 6C ocean view room which is below the restaurant/galley which isn't that great either. Right?!! Someone help please!! :confused::confused::confused: Thank you!

Ashley

Congratulations on your wedding and honeymoon, Ashley!

I would rather have a balcony anywhere than an ocean-view cabin, especially at the price difference you stated. Giving up an ocean-view under the galley or restaurant likely wouldn't be very quiet anyway.

If you book the guarantee, you will likely have a cabin assigned farther out than a day or two before sailing. Just remember if you do the guarantee to wait until your cabin is assigned before printing your luggage tags so your cabin number will show on them.

Having a guarantee will not otherwise affect your FTTF.

I think you made the right choice. You already had a crappy room location, so what's the worst that could happen? You could get another crappy room location.......but have a balcony also!

It's a slight gamble, but I think the pros definitely outweigh the cons.

I'm not worried about ME slamming the doors - it's the neighbors. I have had it happen and do not enjoy the entire wall where my head is laying shaking and the startling noise. I too wish they had sliding glass doors. I'm all about a balcony on Celebrity.

I can't stand that! I've written a note and put it in the mailbox of the offender which usually helps.

I'm surprised we don't see more stories of broken fingers, hands.

I can't stand that! I've written a note and put it in the mailbox of the offender which usually helps.

I'm surprised we don't see more stories of broken fingers, hands.

I haven't done that for fear of retaliation. If you happen to get some real ahole neighbors, they can make the rest of your cruise even more miserable. While it's a 50/50 chance they would guess it was me and not the party on the other side, I'm not willing to take that chance. Plus the glaring looks that I give the offenders when seeing them in the hall would give me away [emoji41].

I too am surprised there aren't more injuries. They really are dangerous. Especially when windy and/or when opening the main cabin door. Only took me one time to find out the hard way what happens when you do that!

I think you made the right choice. You already had a crappy room location, so what's the worst that could happen? You could get another crappy room location.......but have a balcony also!

It's a slight gamble, but I think the pros definitely outweigh the cons.

My thoughts exactly! At least you would have a balcony in the second crappy room! And hey! Maybe it won't be a crappy balcony room at all!

Thanks everyone for all the positivity! And for those that weren't so positive, I still appreciate your feedback but you only live once and I'm not going to be afraid of what could happen! If I can't sleep...there's plenty to do to occupy my time. It's my honeymoon after all! 😂

Just my 2 cents, I have never taken the "chance" on a guarantee. I always pick my own cabin, even if it costs a bit more. I would hate to have my hard earned vacation ruined by ending up above the disco or some other loud venue.

Don't know if it might help, if your location is crappy get a white noise machine. We use one for our toddler. Our last rooms were well located and they were still noisy. People talking in the halls as they walked passed, doors slamming, furniture being moved in the cabin above us. Since she goes to bed early it really helped smooth out the noise.

Have a great cruise!

Thanks everyone for all the positivity! And for those that weren't so positive, I still appreciate your feedback but you only live once and I'm not going to be afraid of what could happen! If I can't sleep...there's plenty to do to occupy my time. It's my honeymoon after all! 😂

I think with this attitude, you'll have a great cruise!

For what it's worth, I'd have done the guarantee also. We did on our first cruise, not knowing better. We booked a guarantee inside and got upgraded (for free!) to an ocean view. We were thrilled! Hope you enjoy your cruise!

I would have taken it. I love my white noise app on my iPhone.

We just upgraded to a suite and I originally booked an interior so we are way over budget on this cruise.. For that price.. Hell yeah!

Edited by adoptivemommy