Mini van/ shuttle to Horseshoe Beach

nautica34

Nancy. Thank you. I saw this thread as well but the poster mentioned 2014/2015. Our roll call said no but I'm reassured that you saw them in June

As I posted in the thread you were referred to is to contact a shuttle company and ask about last shuttle times. One shuttle company is Titan Express. Their web page lists the phone number as 441-234-1096, and offers contact by email.

SBtS

Nancy. Thank you. I saw this thread as well but the poster mentioned 2014/2015. Our roll call said no but I'm reassured that you saw them in June

The post on your roll call contains some misinformation. There are minibus shuttles. They just do it differently this year.

As far as 2015, what was discontinued was the $16 round trip service that had scheduled hours. This year the minibuses are charging $7 each way. They don't have scheduled hours. One of my drivers told me they do their last pickups back to the Dockyard between 5 and 6 but I would ask the driver who takes you there. I have not been there on Sunday but the drivers need the money and during the recent taxi work action the minibus drivers did not take part, they stayed in service. I mention that because in the Royal Gazette it mentioned the minibuses ran Saturday and Sunday. There will be minibuses cause they need to work and earn a living.

Misinformation that was on your roll call. You can buy tokens for the public buses at the Dockyard, you don't have to pay in cash. The bus from the Dockyard does not stop in Hamilton before going to Horseshoe like that person said. But in any case a minibus shuttle would be the best way since they go down and hill to the beach.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515

Charles, thank you much! I ill pass this information in to the roll call. You seem very knowledgeable about Bermuda, have you been to the botanical gardens in Hamilton?

Sorry, I have not been there. It has been on my list of to do someday because I am interested in the art museum that is there.

Since there have been numerous questions concerning Sunday mini bus service, I contacted Titan Express.

Here is the reply:

Hi SBtS,

Yes there is mini bus Sunday service to Horseshoe bay and the cost is $7 each way or $14 round trip. The last minibus departs from HSB at 7pm. The mini buses are located right on the cruise ship pier. May you enjoy your vacation.

Thanks,

Rashida

SBtS

Do you need tokens for the shuttle bus to HSB or do you just pay in cash? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Tokens are only used on the public bus and ferry system.

You pay cash for the beach shuttle.

By the way you can pay cash on the public buses and ferries if you prefer. You don't have to use tokens, although it's cheaper and more convenient to use the tokens. Cash fare on the buses and ferries is $5...buses take exact fare in coins only, ferries take exact fare in coins or bills. Tokens cost less...$4.50.

Edited by njhorseman