empty cabins

g_cruiser

You can just do an online reservation up to the point where you have to provide passenger info and pay your deposit. Pick your ship, your dates, your cabin type, you'll get to the screen that shows the deck plan with the list of Unbooked cabins on the left. You can backtrack and do as many cabin types as you want.

You can just do an online reservation up to the point where you have to provide passenger info and pay your deposit. Pick your ship, your dates, your cabin type, you'll get to the screen that shows the deck plan with the list of Unbooked cabins on the left. You can backtrack and do as many cabin types as you want.

NCL never shows more than 15 rooms unbooked per category. Same for all the major travel sites.

No you can't (still, I've already corrected you on this once).

First of all, the site is German TA's, not British.

Secondly, all TA sites get their cabin lists from NCL's system that limits the number of cabins to 15.

The cabins might be different (for example because of different selling quotas between NCL offices CE vs US or TA's group bookings), but you still can't see more than 15 at the time from NCL's base data.

Hi ... I really respect your posts most of the time but this time you are way off base.

Just went to the site in question and pulled up a D5 stateroom and it shows 25 available. Cat M - 19.

Search criteria: 7 days Eastern Caribbean with M/S Allure of the Seas from/to Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Date: 29/04/18-06/05/18

Hi ... I really respect your posts most of the time but this time you are way off base.

Just went to the site in question and pulled up a D5 stateroom and it shows 25 available. Cat M - 19.

Search criteria: 7 days Eastern Caribbean with M/S Allure of the Seas from/to Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Date: 29/04/18-06/05/18

Ok, next make the search with a NCL ship. Cabin data for Royal ships does not come from NCL's system. :D

Edited by Demonyte

Think we are talking about NCL though

Ok, next make the search with a NCL ship. Cabin data for Royal ships does not come from NCL's system. :D

Thanks for the info. Did a search on an NCL cruise and they do limit it to only 15. Weird. I always thought that site was accurate in listing all available cabins.

Humble apologies. :o

Thanks for the info. Did a search on an NCL cruise and they do limit it to only 15. Weird. I always thought that site was accurate in listing all available cabins.

Humble apologies. :o

No problem, no harm done. :)

Hi.

Our voyage departs 50 days from today. Friends are hoping to join us and are still waiting to get vacation time approved.

I count at least 160 cabins still available. Do you think a price drop is probable? I haven't noticed a fare difference one way or the other since the beginning of June.

If they can go, I'd like them to get the best fare.

Thanks,

Barbara

Did a random search on a TA website that shall not be named for a cruise in August 2017, picked a random category (family inside), and this website has 41 open rooms listed. Because so many were available, I could not even capture them all in the attached screen capture.

1029241413_ScreenShot2016-07-28at1_28_51PM.jpg.847a19853d6288457984ccb3d4e2608b.jpg

Did a random search on a TA website that shall not be named for a cruise in August 2017, picked a random category (family inside), and this website has 41 open rooms listed. Because so many were available, I could not even capture them all in the attached screen capture.

I recognize that site, I use it too, and it DEFINETLY shows way more than 15 open rooms on NCL for any given category.

I recognize that site, I use it too, and it DEFINETLY shows way more than 15 open rooms on NCL for any given category.

Too bad we can't name TAs as there are dozens of online TAs using that same booking engine (by a company called Revelex, only the TA name in the header of the result page changes but the table showing the results is 100% the same).

I just checked one of those TAs and got the exactly same result page but only 15 cabins (all the sites I've checked, NCL's US site included, have given I2 cabins only from deck 13 for that Aug 12, 2017 cruise).

EDIT: I tweaked the search parameters and, lo and behold, even NCL's site returns more than 15 cabins for those specific parameters (4 passengers in a cabin in category I1). So what the TA site is showing is still what NCL gives them, but for some reason in this case NCL provides more cabins in the results - never seen that happen before.

EDIT2: Also, Tammyd549, it really does not "for any given category" - what you see on those sites is what ever results NCL gives them (usually the same what NCL's own site for that market shows as available).

Edited by Demonyte