Switching PVP's

texas greeneyes

I booked directly through Carnival online, and the PVP ("G.E.") I was assigned has left a whole lot to be desired, service-wise :( . One of my sisters also booked online through Carnival, and was very happy with her PVP ("A.S."), so when I booked another cabin for a third sister, I used A.S. She has been a delight :) , always answers my questions in a polite, friendly and professional way. G.E., on the other hand, is very slow about answering my emails or returning my phone calls, if she does so at all. Usually takes three or more attempts to contact her before she responds, if she even does. :mad:

A.S. is not allowed to deal with me regarding the cabin I booked with G.E. I sent an email request to Carnival, praising A.S. and requesting that she replace G.E. as my PVP for that cabin. No response; its been a week or so. I really want A.S. to be my Carnival contact for both of the cabins I booked. Comments or suggestions? :confused:

hI,

not sure why you can't deal with another PVP??

we booked with one and then I found the price had dropped and just called Carnival, didn't even try to contact my PVP (husband delt with him first and he didn't thrill me) and talked to who ever answered the phone.

they answered my questions and gave me the cheaper rate. Just last weekend I found still a cheaper rate and called again and spoke to whoever answered and they had no problem dropping the rate again without even talking to my original PVP! Don't know why someone else can't help you?!

I booked directly through Carnival online, and the PVP ("G.E.") I was assigned has left a whole lot to be desired, service-wise :( . One of my sisters also booked online through Carnival, and was very happy with her PVP ("A.S."), so when I booked another cabin for a third sister, I used A.S. She has been a delight :) , always answers my questions in a polite, friendly and professional way. G.E., on the other hand, is very slow about answering my emails or returning my phone calls, if she does so at all. Usually takes three or more attempts to contact her before she responds, if she even does. :mad:

A.S. is not allowed to deal with me regarding the cabin I booked with G.E. I sent an email request to Carnival, praising A.S. and requesting that she replace G.E. as my PVP for that cabin. No response; its been a week or so. I really want A.S. to be my Carnival contact for both of the cabins I booked. Comments or suggestions? :confused:

Hmm, thats strange.. When you book with Carnival direct you can deal with any PVP you desire. I have a main PVP, but I can call Carnival 24/7 and talk to anyone about my booking. Thats the great thing about booking with Carnival directly.

If you are booked with one PVP, the other PVP can't take that booking ... however, if you are unhappy with your PVP, you can ask your PVP for her supervisors name, and send a letter to them, stated your concerns and ask if you can have your ressie switched, and then your family will have the same PVP.

If you are booked with one PVP, the other PVP can't take that booking ... however, if you are unhappy with your PVP, you can ask your PVP for her supervisors name, and send a letter to them, stated your concerns and ask if you can have your ressie switched, and then your family will have the same PVP.

Thanks, GoinCruisin. Is there any other avenue I can use to get to the supervisor, since the PVP doesn't respond, or at least not in a timely manner?

Thanks, GoinCruisin. Is there any other avenue I can use to get to the supervisor, since the PVP doesn't respond, or at least not in a timely manner?

You can try just calling Carnival, and whoever answers just tell them that you are having a problem with your PVP and would like to speak to a Supervisor... then tell the Supervisor the problem and they can perhaps get you to the right person. Good luck!!

Im still not sure why you cant just call the PVP you want. I have done that many many times. Changed cabins, got all the info I desired and adjustments I wanted by just calling Carnival. What exactly did you want to change or ask about that the other PVP refused to help you with?

What if your first PVP went out of town or got sick? Thats why you can just speak with anyone that answers the phone. Turnover is so high at Carnival that its a blessing that you can speak with anyone, without having to track down your MIA PVP.

Im still not sure why you cant just call the PVP you want. I have done that many many times. Changed cabins, got all the info I desired and adjustments I wanted by just calling Carnival. What exactly did you want to change or ask about that the other PVP refused to help you with?

What if your first PVP went out of town or got sick? Thats why you can just speak with anyone that answers the phone. Turnover is so high at Carnival that its a blessing that you can speak with anyone, without having to track down your MIA PVP.

I refer alot of people to my PVP, she sent me a very nice letter one day, and this is exactly what it says:

but I should only be named for "new bookings" only. I can only assist people who I book and can't take care of issues booked by other people in my department. Thanks again for promoting me and I welcome the new booking opportunities but I would get in big trouble if I assist with other people's bookings. Have a great weekend.

I refer alot of people to my PVP, she sent me a very nice letter one day, and this is exactly what it says:

but I should only be named for "new bookings" only. I can only assist people who I book and can't take care of issues booked by other people in my department. Thanks again for promoting me and I welcome the new booking opportunities but I would get in big trouble if I assist with other people's bookings. Have a great weekend.

Translation= If someone calls me with their issues. I could help them, but I wont get the points for the booking.

I can see her point :) , but I have never had a problem calling and getting help.

Translation= If someone calls me with their issues. I could help them, but I wont get the points for the booking.

I can see her point :) , but I have never had a problem calling and getting help.

Actually, that is not true. Perhaps with some PVP's, but I have worked with her for YEARS now, and not once booked a cruise with her! She is phenomenal and helps me with alot of problems, booked through a TA. She isn't there solely for bookings, and if it were not the case that she would get in trouble, she wouldn't tell me that...

Be patient. The PVP supervisors are dealing with a hugh mess in Miami and Ft. Lauderdale. They have many ships with schedule changes and thousands of cruisers to deal with, many that are very unhappy.

At first I was dealing with a PVP and after the booking had problems getting him to call or email me back. Could not obtain help from another PVP as they did not book my cruise. Ended up dealing with a supervisor who has solved all my problems.

I've always just called the 888 number and spoke with whoever answered the phone. Have never had a problem doing that. Was able to call and rebook a different cruise when the first one wasn't going to work out and spoke to a different PVP other than my original one and he transferred my booking, no problem.

Archived