Jade 12 nite Jan 25/17 questions

Kate45

Recently booked this cruise. Couple questions. I have read on cruise critic that someone is booked on cruise leaving Feb5. Am wondering how this is going to happen when we don't return from our 12 nite until Feb6? One of us is mistaken and it better not be me since I have booked non-refundable air already. I have been on NCL SUN 2 years ago. How does the Jade compare? Can you make reservations at main dining rooms for a specific time every nite or is it all first come....at both dining rooms? We have the UBP perk and was surprised to see they have already billed me for the tips. Is this standard practice now? We went on Celebrity a few years back and they billed your onboard acct for tips for drinks consumed. How do they know what I am going to drink and how much? I appreciate any and all info on the Jade and/or Tampa cruise terminal. Thanks

We are on this cruise. We booked well over a year ago. This cruise was supposed to be for 11 days, however the cruise following it was canceled and became a charter cruise. Thus they added another day rather than have it sit at the dock in Tampa. They added Key West at the end. Worked great for us, we had already paid in full and we were not charged for the extra day, except for 1 day DSC. The gratuities are based on the total of the UBP package if you had purchased it. You have unlimited drinks and will not be charged another 18%. Why don't you check out the roll call for this cruise. There is a meet and greet and slot pull planed.

Recently booked this cruise. Couple questions. I have read on cruise critic that someone is booked on cruise leaving Feb5. Am wondering how this is going to happen when we don't return from our 12 nite until Feb6? Your fellow cruiser answered this above. One of us is mistaken and it better not be me since I have booked non-refundable air already. I have been on NCL SUN 2 years ago. How does the Jade compare? Similar. The Jewel class ships are a little nicer. But still the small-ship feel. Can you make reservations at main dining rooms for a specific time every nite or is it all first come....at both dining rooms? 90 days before your cruise, you will be able to make reservation. Not really needed in the main dining rooms. First come first serve works just fine. Never a long wait. We have the UBP perk and was surprised to see they have already billed me for the tips. Is this standard practice now? Yes, this is normal practice. If you have a beverage or dining package, you are billed the 18% gratuity at time of booking. We went on Celebrity a few years back and they billed your onboard acct for tips for drinks consumed. How do they know what I am going to drink and how much? It is 18% of the retail price of the package. Flat rate. On the ship, you can drink as much as you want with no additional charges (for drinks under $15). Anything over $15, you would pay the difference+gartuity. Not easy to find a drink that costs more than $15 I appreciate any and all info on the Jade and/or Tampa cruise terminal. Thanks

You can chat with your fellow cruises on your roll call: http://www.cruisecritic.com/rollcalls/norwegian-jade-january-25-2017/