Zaandam cabin 7083 or 7086

pv girl

Any info on these - 7083 or 7086 - cat H on Navigation deck?

Unusual, as most H cat are on lower promenade. I tried our favorite cabin info site and couldn't find anything. They are on the stern and appear to have a partial view of a little deck. Is this deck accessible to anyone?

We have stayed in Ms Amsterdam's 7056 which I believe is in the same location. It is our favorite cabin. We love the aft location, it is on the Navigation deck, and the "public deck" is only three steps to your left out of your cabin door. We had the deck to ourselves most of the time. We had the cabin Stewart bring a couple of chase lounges up for us. The stairs outside your cabin go up to the Lido.

We have one of those two H cabins booked for a forthcoming Christmas cruise, an Antarctica sail-by on Zaandam. We are looking forward to it after seeing the set-up on the Rotterdam Iceland/Greenland cruise, even though that ship does not have Hs on the Navigation Deck.

The aft-deck just outside the cabin is covered and substantial in size. Rotterdam provided loungers. . .

Any info on these - 7083 or 7086 - cat H on Navigation deck?

Unusual, as most H cat are on lower promenade. I tried our favorite cabin info site and couldn't find anything. They are on the stern and appear to have a partial view of a little deck. Is this deck accessible to anyone?

Pics from Stateroom 7086 of the sister ship Volendam.

Deck is open to all, but was generally uncrowded on the Alaska Trip. Attracts a few wake-watchers.

The deck is brightly lit at night which meant I could not see the wake in the dark. Was hoping to see some glowing phosphorescence.

Gotta go now. Boarding the Veendam in the morning.

thumb_IMG_0913_1024.jpg.113455d41974bd2bad0de3f8a4d3f5ba.jpg

thumb_IMG_0923_1024.jpg.f9da18969e140bd2ee4298c6202c30c8.jpg

thumb_IMG_0928_1024.jpg.106ea614a578676025646d72dd9948f7.jpg

thumb_IMG_0933_1024.jpg.ed8401d0f8fbfce20a7634cfd04ba304.jpg

We have stayed in this cabin on a 14 day cruise around South America. Although I have mixed feelings about it I booked it again on the Volendam for a cruise to Alaska 2107. The positives were the view from the window,(I actually lay in bed & watch the sail around Cape Horn from there.) There was easy access to the deck , which although public had very little traffic. It was very easy to get up to the Lido deck & we experienced no noise from above. The negatives were its odd shape & furniture arrangement, I think separate beds would be better. I also felt it was a little isolated from the inside public areas( I try to take the stairs). However for the cruise you are taking I would book it.

• 6 months later...
Pics from Stateroom 7086 of the sister ship Volendam.

Deck is open to all, but was generally uncrowded on the Alaska Trip. Attracts a few wake-watchers.

The deck is brightly lit at night which meant I could not see the wake in the dark. Was hoping to see some glowing phosphorescence.

Gotta go now. Boarding the Veendam in the morning.[/quote

Hi, we have booked this cabin for our 2018 Asia cruise. It looks like the stateroom is smaller than others on the lower Promenade. Do you happen to know the square footage? You mentioned that the deck is brightly lit. Is there a blackout curtain in the room? Were you able to use the sofa in the room? Thank you in advance for your help.

Not aware of the square footage. There is a solid curtain room is dark enough to sleep. Sofa is fine. I had breakfast in the room on the sofa and portable table. We have another thread about the same room type on MS Amsterdam with pictures of Volendam that I posted. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2458101

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 year later...
It is an odd shaped cabin, but it didn't bother us. I have a few pictures of the cabin and outside deck that I can e-mail to you if you would like.

There are 4 of us gals taking the South America cruise Oct. 18, 2018 and we have both of those cabins. Would you be able to post or send me your photos of the cabin. I've cruised a lot (mostly DCL) but this is my 1st HAL so am trying to learn as much as I can! :). Is there anything you would suggest bringing for that cabin? Any helpful hints would be appreciated...Thank you so much!

There are 4 of us gals taking the South America cruise Oct. 18, 2018 and we have both of those cabins. Would you be able to post or send me your photos of the cabin. I've cruised a lot (mostly DCL) but this is my 1st HAL so am trying to learn as much as I can! :). Is there anything you would suggest bringing for that cabin? Any helpful hints would be appreciated...Thank you so much!

Do a search on this board. There is another thread on 7086 and I posted several photos from the outside decks that I took at his past week. Just off the Zaandam this morning.

Do a search on this board. There is another thread on 7086 and I posted several photos from the outside decks that I took at his past week. Just off the Zaandam this morning.

What was your itinerary? Who was the cruise director? Is that person staying on for the Alaska routes?

Thank you AryMay for the info!

What was your itinerary? Who was the cruise director? Is that person staying on for the Alaska routes?

We were on the 23 day repositioning cruise from Ft. Lauderdale to Seattle. The cruise director was Taylor ? who was great! He switched from the Zaandam to the Noordam when we were in Vancouver yesterday. The new CD was Andy Cross.

Thank you!

Do you know if the cabin doors are magnetic?

No, I don’t know if the doors are magnetic. I only saw a few “door decorations” and the ones I saw had been attached with tape.

I can tell you that in our cabin the only wall that would hold magnets was the outer wall by the window. (We take magnetic hooks so tested all of the walls. )

On that wall, our large magnet stuck well enough to hold the weight of my husband’s backpack.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No, I don’t know if the doors are magnetic. I only saw a few “door decorations” and the ones I saw had been attached with tape.

I can tell you that in our cabin the only wall that would hold magnets was the outer wall by the window. (We take magnetic hooks so tested all of the walls. )

On that wall, our large magnet stuck well enough to hold the weight of my husband’s backpack.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for the info! (I'm a Disney gal - and do decorate our doors on DCL-no tape allowed there tho') so was just wondering - it will be scaled back for this cruise but it does make the hallways fun to look at and see what they do and where they are from! I will bring my magnetic hooks just in case we can use them. Thanks again! :)