Celebrity Summit July 29- heading back to Dockyard??

kearney

Love to look at various port cams and the marine traffic map. Just made an observation and wondering what is up.

It looks like the ship turned around and is traveling at 2 knots.... is the ship heading back to port? Going too slow to be for medical emergency or to pick up passengers... just wondering..

I am guessing you guys had some engine trouble.... circled around and 3 hours after sail away still just off Bermuda.... now appears to be heading out... but still only traveling at 10 knots. Would be interested if anyone knows what the problem was or is.

Glad to hear that things are looking better. sometimes when we have nothing better to do... we look at the harbor web cams and look at marinetraffic.com... where you can actually track the ships progress... My husband noticed the ship doing a loop and heading back. Sorry to hear it was a medical emergency but I guess it was a good thing that they were so close to port.

It was the second week in a row that they had to turn around due to a medical emergency!

I was on the ship on the 29th, and as we sailed away from Bermuda, I told my family, "I'm not leaving the deck, until Bermuda disappears from my view". I stayed up there til I could see it no more and went to the room. Very soon after, we could feel the ship turning, and shortly after that the announcement from the captain that we were heading back to meet the pilot boat. My family said, I had to go back out and see Bermuda again. (I actually didn't though, cause we went to the show).

Jo