Damage to Bayside in Miami? Does anyone know about

You might want to check over at the hotels forum.... I saw a post last night from TrentS (the Miami local resident expert! ;) ) he mentioned the condition of some hotels. He did say that my personal favorite hotel in Miami, JW Marriott, had several windows blown out.

We are staying at the Holiday Inn on 10/29/05. I called also, & they said they had no damage. I hadn't heard about the cable TV.

I was just reading the Carnival Valor Roll Call that also leaves on 10/30/05 like we do on Explorer of the Seas. Someone on there is also staying at Holiday Inn & asked about Bayside. He was told that the restaurants are starting to open, but the 6p.m. curfew is hurting them. He was told it would remain until all the power is restored in Miami. It's possible the curfew will be lifted by the time you go, but I'm not sure about us this weekend.

Gail

I don't know of any damage to Bayside. I haven't been down there yet, but haven't heard of anything there. The damage in downtown Miami consisted of some blown out windows in some highrises, and some flooding in the Brickell Avenue area.

The only hotel that I know of that was damaged in Miami was as elleluv pointed out, the JW Marriott, which had some windows blown out.

Downtown Miami and Miami Beach have power and most of the hotels are open and operating.

Archived