Explorer of the Seas Disembarkment from Seattle?

We arrived in Seattle at the scheduled time last month but that isn't a guarantee. A 10 am flight is pushing it as the airport is about 30 or so minutes away depending on traffic. The only way I'd attempt that is by using express departure (carrying your own bags off the ship) and heading out the minute express departure is announced.

Enjoy your cruise -- mine was fantastic!

TSA security at the airport is very busy at that time of day. It will take at least 45 minutes to the airport. If you have your own express car for you, you might make it. You might have to wait in line for your car as there are a lot of passengers doing the same thing.

We just came back from the Alaska cruise a couple of days ago and it was a total nightmare once off the ship. I would not chance a flight that close because you never know what to expect. The lines in the airport was crazy!! The lines waiting for transportation to the airport was crazy too.. We did take Uber and they arrived right on time but anything can happen. I would not do it, but that is just me

I've read the posts here, still have questions. We're cruising to Alaska next summer (2017) on Explorer of the Seas and my question is regarding Disembarkation. I've been told by our Travel Agent the Luggage Valet Program is available on this ship and port; but then again I've been told by RCCL Customer Service (800#) it is only offered in Fort Lauderdale / Port Canaveral.

If the Luggage Valet is available we'd like to utilize it, but then too we have an 11:45 AM flight out of Seattle. Will our luggage make it? If the program is available???

Or should we just stick with the Express Departure and Carry our own bags off.

Thanks, I appreciate your feed back!

I've read the posts here, still have questions. We're cruising to Alaska next summer (2017) on Explorer of the Seas and my question is regarding Disembarkation. I've been told by our Travel Agent the Luggage Valet Program is available on this ship and port; but then again I've been told by RCCL Customer Service (800#) it is only offered in Fort Lauderdale / Port Canaveral.

If the Luggage Valet is available we'd like to utilize it, but then too we have an 11:45 AM flight out of Seattle. Will our luggage make it? If the program is available???

I don't think Luggage Valet is available at Seattle.

However, in case something has changed and Luggage Valet is available, you will not be accepted into the program unless your flight meets the departure time limits. If they accept you, it's their responsibility to get you your luggage.

Hi,

I was wondering how Disembarkment was for anyone who has done the Alaskian itinerary? Did the ship arrive at 6am? Can I make a 10am flight out of Seattle?

TIA

Definitely do NOT schedule a 10am flight out of Seattle. Seattle is our home airport and the security lines are too long plus it will take you close to an hour to get to the airport - maybe longer if it's a week day because of rush hour traffic (Royal's cruise terminal is north of downtown).

Much to my dismay, luggage valet was not available in Seattle two months ago. Of course anything can happen in a year.

• 3 weeks later...

We just got off the August 19 sailing of Explorer. Getting off was a nightmare. One of my daughters had her luggage go missing! Luckily we were going to my other daughter's house in Mill Creek, about a half hour from Seattle.

The luggage turned up at noon- it was at the airport! It had been picked up by someone with their luggage and taken to the airport, where the mistake was noted. (Note- always have a luggage tag!) The person calling said she could pick it up at the airport, or it could be taken back to the cruise pier. She opted to go to the airport, and head home to Portlamd from there.

If she'd had a flight to catch, it would have been more complicated. The lesson for us is to carry off our luggage ourselves.

my brother is catching a 12:50 flight out of Seattle tomorrow. He can't do self assist so he's hoping his diamond priority departure helps him off the ship sooner rather than later. He was told Seattle can be chaos so even he is a little nervous with a 12:50 flight. They are catching a taxi.

I don't think Luggage Valet is available at Seattle.

However, in case something has changed and Luggage Valet is available, you will not be accepted into the program unless your flight meets the departure time limits. If they accept you, it's their responsibility to get you your luggage.

Is this something through the ship or through the airline? We got off the Aug 12, sailing, and Delta had just set up their valet service. We dropped off our bags with them, no charge cause we get free bags with the Delta card, and they made it on our flight at 10 pm that night. They said they hadn't had this available for long, but it saved us having to lug our stuff around Seattle all day.

Is this something through the ship or through the airline? We got off the Aug 12, sailing, and Delta had just set up their valet service. We dropped off our bags with them, no charge cause we get free bags with the Delta card, and they made it on our flight at 10 pm that night. They said they hadn't had this available for long, but it saved us having to lug our stuff around Seattle all day.

Luggage Valet is a service provided by the cruise line.