Do "Guaranteed" cabins ever get changed once assigned?

JimCo

I just got my cabin assigned to me and the cruise is about 90 days out.

I'm extremely thrilled with my cabin assignment and location so I'm wondering if cabins ever get changed once assigned or if I can relax knowing that this is the cabin assignment that I will keep for the cruise.

Thanks.

We have the opposite situation. We are 77 days out and have been assigned a guaranteed inside cabin but are hoping that it will be changed to a balcony cabin. We'll be happy either way but we're hoping that because the inside category is sold out on our cruise, we may get bumped up.

I've been on Cruise Critic for many years. I think in general you can count on your room assignment. But, over the years there have been a few cases where cruisers come on here and explain situations where their cabin assignments got changed without their knowledge or approval.

I remember once a woman had 2 adjoining cabins for her family, she has the cruise docs and goes to check in and learns one cabin has been changed to several doors down the hall. She has little kids and has to make a huge scene at check in, refusing to board the ship before it got resolved. There's been a few other, less dramatic things I can remember as well.

And those are only the one's that find their way to cruise critic.

But in general, I think it's pretty firm once you get your cabin assignment.