MSC Sinfonia

highlandlassie

First time with MSC and on this ship - don't listen to reviews as like to make up my own mind. However latest reviews are not good - bad service and rude staff.

Is it really that bad - this will be my 15th cruise ( Thomsons Fred Olsen, RCC and just off NCL epic which I loved and has been best cruise ship/line so far)

thanks

First time with MSC and on this ship - don't listen to reviews as like to make up my own mind. However latest reviews are not good - bad service and rude staff.

Is it really that bad - this will be my 15th cruise ( Thomsons Fred Olsen, RCC and just off NCL epic which I loved and has been best cruise ship/line so far)

thanks

I've very seldom had bad service or rude staff on any of my 15 cruises with MSC. in fact it's had to recall any real examples of either failing.

rude guests YES

System errors YES (corrected quickly )

Edited by Skier52

thanks

Hello there...

I am from South Africa and we cruised a new year 11 night on Sinfonia to Mauritius, reunion islands etc.

Its a beautiful ship, with amazing and polite staff members, yes there might be a language barrier, but that should be understandable.

I think you going to have a fantastic time, dont be discouraged, go out and create your own beautiful memories...

I've never encountered rude staff but I have noticed that service isn't what it used to be - the crew seem to be under more pressure as a result of cutbacks which means more work for them. I find if you treat them well they respond accordingly :)

thanks for the replies - hubby works in the cruise sector(security) and he is a good morning/hello type of person - in fact the crew from the ships in our local port are on first name terms with hubby - he calls them Sir

I am looking forward to it as always wanted to do NCL epic, which I have and a MSC - which I will in october

its nice to be nice and I hate rudeness and yes some guests can be quite rude, unpleasant at times

I have noticed cut backs on thomsons ships so happening everywhere, and in so many sectors, just not cruise lines.

The crew work hard and no matter what ship we are on we always ask our cabin crew if going ashore and if the answer is no, then we ask if there is anything they need brought back

:)

The crew work hard and no matter what ship we are on we always ask our cabin crew if going ashore and if the answer is no, then we ask if there is anything they need brought back:)

What a lovely idea - something I wouldn't have thought of but will now do!

thanks

Its been awhile since sailing on the Sifonia back to back from Genoa & as very frequent cruisers must say some of our most fondest memories. Love the ship for what it offers & have a great time.