Circle C + kids excursion?

Hi, my son is a rising sophomore... But only 14. I know carnival considers the age tiers strict- so even though his peers in real life are 14-16 he'll be lumped with middle schoolers. He's not thrilled about that, but other than dedicated spaces, he'll be fine with the freedoms of the ship. Is there a Circle C schedule or event list someone could share?

Question, I read somewhere, that with enough interest, Carnival arranges excursions for the kids. Like one a cruise or something? How do we know which port? I have to lock in our excursions soon and I'd like this to be an option for him. Does anyone have any first or second hand experience with this? FWIW.. We're on the Glory the 27th of August!!! Grand Cayman, Roatan, Cozumel, and Belize.

Happy Sailing!!!

My daughter is like your son. Used to 14-16 year old classmates, but lumped into 12-14. We were on the Glory in April and it ended up not being an issue. A lot of the activities they combined with the older group. I know my daughter made friends from both groups.

Don't remember seeing excursions for the 12-14 yo, just the older kids. That doesn't mean that they do not exist.

The kids excursion is added into a regularly scheduled excursion at the same cost. It'll be in the kids program you get on the first day. There is a minimum number needed to have it go. Out here the Ensenada excursion is Horseback riding.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

My daughter was 14, but a sophomore in high school too and was miserable in the Circle C group. I had heard that they were very strict and prepared her for that....but on day 2 we stopped by Club O2 and talked to the director who took one look at her and said "yeah, you don't belong in Circle C" and she was in! She had a great time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi, my son is a rising sophomore... But only 14. I know carnival considers the age tiers strict- so even though his peers in real life are 14-16 he'll be lumped with middle schoolers. He's not thrilled about that, but other than dedicated spaces, he'll be fine with the freedoms of the ship. Is there a Circle C schedule or event list someone could share?

Question, I read somewhere, that with enough interest, Carnival arranges excursions for the kids. Like one a cruise or something? How do we know which port? I have to lock in our excursions soon and I'd like this to be an option for him. Does anyone have any first or second hand experience with this? FWIW.. We're on the Glory the 27th of August!!! Grand Cayman, Roatan, Cozumel, and Belize.

Happy Sailing!!!

They used to have excursions for Club O2, however, they have discontinued these excursions about 2 years ago. I do not remember them ever having these for anything younger than the Club O2 age groups.

We were just on the Legend and there were a lot of kids. I know they were strict with the age restrictions for that one. However, they did a ton of things with the O2 kids, so there was a lot of interaction with the older kids.

Now, last November, there were maybe only a total of 15 kids in Circle C, so they allowed an 11 year old sibling to be with his 14 year old sister in Circle C. I think it really depends on the amount of kids they have signed up in each camp.

And there weren't any excursions for the kids. In fact, quite often, Circle C was closed when we were in port, or at least the shorter port days. And of course, during the dinner hours.

So the general consensus is there is no general consensus? Hahah that you all for your experiences! I'd love to hear more if anyone else wants to weigh in. I'm sure he'll be fine either way, I just want him to have fun 😊 !

As far as the excursion goes, that just seems so iffy!!! I don't want to wait too late to book ours and not get something we REALLY want to do. Especially when I haven't seen anything official about it anywhere. You'd really think this would be a more visible thing. I mean, on line check in we register them for their club, you'd think they'd have two questions.. Interested in kids excursion? Which one? And let us book it hahaha

Thank you all again!!

So the general consensus is there is no general consensus? Hahah that you all for your experiences! I'd love to hear more if anyone else wants to weigh in. I'm sure he'll be fine either way, I just want him to have fun 😊 !

As far as the excursion goes, that just seems so iffy!!! I don't want to wait too late to book ours and not get something we REALLY want to do. Especially when I haven't seen anything official about it anywhere. You'd really think this would be a more visible thing. I mean, on line check in we register them for their club, you'd think they'd have two questions.. Interested in kids excursion? Which one? And let us book it hahaha

Thank you all again!!

I don't see anything on their site about Circle C excursions. I can't imagine them taking 12 year olds off the ship on an excursion. The O2 group is older, so I could see them doing that in the past. As someone said, they probably stopped it.

Like I said, most of the time when we were in port, the Circle C was closed. Unless it was the really long day, like we were in Skagway for 11+ hours. But other days, when we were in port for 4-5 hours, the club was closed. I think it's easier since most people go off the ship. Plus, it means a parent doesn't have to argue with a kid over doing something or going to the club.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1066/~/circle-%E2%80%9Cc%E2%80%9D-(young-teens-12-14-years)

I agree it would take some real supervision and effort to take any group of kids off the ship. Personally, I'd rather be in charge of a group of 12-14 year olds than 15-17 year olds.

Interesting that it was closed while in port. Our last cruise, he was 9 and stayed in the kids club while we were at Roatan and Cozumel as the excursions I wanted to do we're not age appropriate for him. We both had great days!

Today I locked in the last of our excursions!! I'm so excited! Less than a month to go!! Yay!!!

Interesting that it was closed while in port. Our last cruise, he was 9 and stayed in the kids club while we were at Roatan and Cozumel as the excursions I wanted to do we're not age appropriate for him. We both had great days!

Today I locked in the last of our excursions!! I'm so excited! Less than a month to go!! Yay!!!

I think that's the Camp Carnival, which is different than Circle C. Because if I'm correct, the Camp Carnival does a sort of "babysitting" for parents who want to do what you did. Circle C isn't the same thing. I have the schedule for Circle C if you wanted to see it. It would be for the Legend in Alaska, but it would give you an idea.