2018 Itineraries

Carnival will probably release some itineraries between now & Christmas. Last year, many ships had itineraries for 2017 announced in December 2015. However, this year Carnival has already started releasing itineraries for the 2018 Alaska season.

Carnival used to be very predictable with releasing itineraries, but that is no longer the case since many of the corporate people have changed. With the Carnival Horizon debuting in 2018, there may be a good number of ship homeport changes.

I understand I'm thinking way in advance but does anyone have an idea when itineraries for the end of 2018 will be released? I'm not looking for a specific date just a general timeframe. Thank you in advance!

Start looking at the beginning of the year.

I noticed the Splendor and the Miracle return from their last cruise on January 7, 2018 and have nothing scheduled after that. As other ships have the first few months of 2018 scheduled, I wonder if those 2 are going to do Panama Canal transits or if Splendor is doing a transit and Miracle is going to China. Just guessing as to why those 2 ships do not have schedules for early 2018.

Edited by Crusin5252

I noticed the Splendor and the Miracle return from their last cruise on January 7, 2018 and have nothing scheduled after that. As other ships have the first few months of 2018 scheduled, I wonder if those 2 are going to do Panama Canal transits or if Splendor is doing a transit and Miracle is going to China. Just guessing as to why those 2 ships do not have schedules for early 2018.

Carnival has already said that Miracle is no longer going to China, and Splendor will go in 2019. Of course things can always change, but I think that Miracle will be going to Tampa, while another ship (hoping Conquest Class, planning on Splendor) will come west.

Where they started releasing Alaska already, they could start anytime. In the past it would be between Jan and Mar of next year, but like a previous poster stated, they started in November last year.

They have over 80 cruises listed for 2018 running up through April/May. Eastern, western, Bahamas, Mexico, and Alaska. More added every week.