A Bunch of Firsts for Long Time Cruiser - Triumph 7/23

njoyndride

Love the review, effort and attitude. Life is good when you can handle curve balls and not blow a gasket.

Much better than telling us you're never flying Southwest again, the kids were out of control and not acting all geriatric, Carnival food was inedible, yada yada yada, blah blah blah.

Thank you for the review.

Edited by fuddrules

Great review. Loved reading about all your firsts. The Southwest thing happened to me last year. In flying to all my 37 cruises, my flight has only been cancelled once. And I never did make it to Baltimore for that cruise last year. It is very nerve racking. Southwest cancelled several flights to Baltimore over the course of about 3 days, and there were no seats to be had from my city. Luckily for me it was a free cruise offer from Carnival so all I lost out on was the free cruise offer. I love 5 day cruises. If I fly in a day early it fits just perfect into having a week off of work.

Wow..I was on the edge of my seat reading your flight troubles! Whew! So glad it worked out.

My last cruise was my first five day as well. I don't think I'll ever really be interested in that again honestly. For the same airfare and pre-cruise hotel it's just not worth it. Now, if I lived close enough to a port to drive, that would be a different story.

I am dreading finally getting hit with the service once a day thing (it was still twice on the Liberty last April). I wonder, if I tipped my steward, if it would be much of a bother to just come in the evening and do our towel animal and leave the fun times? I don't need my room cleaned a second time, but I would very much miss coming back from dinner to find my bed turned down and my towel animal waiting. Would only take him 10 minutes or less. On the one hand, I will miss twice a day service, but on the other, it is totally not the steward's fault this is happening and I don't want to make his job any harder than it already is with all the extra rooms. That was a real jerk move Carnival.

My understanding is that you have a choice for room cleaning - either morning or evening; however, I've read a few reviews where tipping the steward some extra resulted in twice a day.

One of the best reviews ever! Even when it all seemed to be falling apart you remained positive - albeit stressed.. I'm with your hubby, and great job on his part with the coffee!!

Thank you for sharing your experiences! I read it to my wife, and she said after your review she feels upbeat about our upcoming cruise on the Triumph!!