Reserving a beach lounger on Labadee

I noticed under the excursions for our Christmas cruise on the Navigator that you can book a lounger for approx $45. A couple of questions I have for those that have done this.

1. Will this be what I have seen referred to as a "clam shell". So sort of a mini beach shelter with a pair of loungers?

2. Once off the ship where do we walk to and who do we see to claim our reserved loungers?

Many thanks

Pete

1. YES

2. When you get off the pier go toward the left beach. There is an area that is lined with rope and the lounges are between the walkway and the water. There will be an attendant that will help you once inside of the area.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Are the clam shells available on Barefoot Beach?

I've not seen clam shells on Barefoot Beach at Labadee.

However, they do have clam shells on Barefoot Beach at Coco Cay.

Edited by clarea

free, just give a tip. They will try to "suggest" a high tip. We gave $10 or $20 tip. Go early to get the best spot.

Although the 'clamshells' with loungers had been free in the past, Royal has recently been reserving them with two loungers for around $35. You can find it on the Excursions page online. They are located when you get off the ship on the left hand side, at the first part at Adrenaline Beach. I believe it comes with waiter service.

The clamshells are no longer available for free on Labadee, at least they weren't on our June sailing. But if you get off the ship early, there is plenty of shady, free space on Columbus Cove. Attendants will set up lounge chairs for you for a tip.