RCI Next Cruise Booking Price Drop

Okay so I'm confused. I made an on board Next Cruise booking for Explorer OTS in Feb 2017. I snagged a Junior Suite for roughly $3600, pretty happy with that. At the time I was told that if the price dropped between the date of deposit and final payment I could speak with my TA and have them arrange the lower price to be applied. I paid the A$192 deposit, received US$150 OBC on the cruise I was on (hello duty free!), and was given US$100 OBC for the JS for the upcoming cruise.

When the price last dropped one of the reps at my TA was completely confused about what I wanted to do and said it wasn't possible without cancelling the whole booking, loosing everything, then booking it again. Didn't seem right to me and would have ended up with a net profit in my favour of about $100 so I didn't worry about. My regular TA was away on sick leave at the time.

Now the RCI website has the same cruise priced at $2900 for a JS.

The questions I have are:

* Shouldn't the price drop just be able to be applied under their price guarentee rules?

* If we have to cancel and rebook do I loose the $100 OBC? The confused TA said we would

* I wouldn't loose the $192 deposit either surely?

Under their terms, cancelling and re-booking is what currently applies in Australia.

You would not lose the existing deposit. However, as the $100 was a bonus for bookings at that time (at that price), if it doesn't apply to new bookings now you would lose it.

Regarding their price guarantee, it only applies within 48 hours of US bookings and doesn't apply here, so is well out of date.

The Next Cruise people often aren't automatically aware of different booking terms in different countries. We book under the European terms which also don't allow fiddling with prices after booking (without cancelling and rebooking). Still, the Next Cruise people always use that as a selling point. We always ask them to check all the facts under European terms and then come back to us with their offer before we make any down payments.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums