Liberty rerouted. ..help with Nassau

Marinagirl1443

So we're on the Liberty and we're informed that because of the tropical storm in the caribbean we are going to cozumel first (tomorrow), and then to Nassau. We have limited options for excursions and none as exciting as what we had planned in Roatan and Belize. Any recommendations?

So we're on the Liberty and we're informed that because of the tropical storm in the caribbean we are going to cozumel first (tomorrow), and then to Nassau. We have limited options for excursions and none as exciting as what we had planned in Roatan and Belize. Any recommendations?

Nassau I have heard that the Greycliff tours and John Waltings Tour is very good! Have also heard good things about food tours in Nassau, but can't speak from experience on any of this.

We have done Melia/Hilton/RIU in Nassau, all good resorts for a beach beach, with Melia being the cheapest I think. RIU is probably the nicest all inclusive resort i have been to in Nassau

It's been a LONG time since I've been to Cozumel, but last time we went to playa mia and it was nice. Might be a good port of call to do some snorkeling since Roatan and Belize were cancelled

When it's dh and I, we usually walk up the hill to John Watlings. It's not really much of a tour, but you can walk around and see how the building they make the rum in, sometimes they are bottling when you get there. The main draw for us is sitting and having drinks in their bar at the end.

This last time when I was with my mom and sister we used Sandra Ferguson (I found her on trip advisor) we did a 3 hour tour for $180 it was nice we saw all kinds of things on the island I had never seen before. We stopped at an rum cake place, then went to a really nice point on the water, the Queen Anne staircase and finished with GrayCliffe and John Watlings.

I actually emailed her and arranged it from the ship because I wasn't sure what we would do and my mom has mobility issues, so I wanted to make sure she would be up to doing something before I booked anything.

Nassau is the perfect port to stay on the ship and be able to basically enjoy the ship while everyone is off. You'll practically have it to yourself.

That is pretty much what we do now. We have been to Nassau SOOOOO many times. Once in a while we go to Jyah at Junkanoo Beach, but many times we just stay on the ship and relax.

They might want to get off. The course changed has them only porting in Coz and Nassau with the rest being sea days. That would be a 5 out of seven days not getting off the ship.

You're exactly right. We thought about staying on board but then thought that would suck to have only gotten off at one stop.

We are planning a Liberty cruise next year to Roatan and Belize. What excursions did you have planned for those stops?

We had the Boss underwater excursion planned in Roatan and starfish island for belize. In Cozumel we did the Atlantis submarine which we loved and that was short (2 hours) and since we lost one of our port days we took a taxi to Playa Mia to get some beach time in.

Nassau excursions were slim since it was last minute so we just signed up for a beach day on an island.

They cancelled Roatan and Belize altogether. The storm sounds like it's getting pretty wicked.

What a bummer. I looked up the marine weather in the Caribbean and the worst part of the storm are listed in Belize, Roatan, the Yucatan Peninsula, and just south of the Cayman Islands...all 4 stops of the Western route; what an unlucky cruise week for that route.

Is the ship avoiding the storm so that you're at least in nice sunny weather and calm seas? Or is the pool deck rainy and cold?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are planning a Liberty cruise next year to Roatan and Belize. What excursions did you have planned for those stops?

I can tell you what we did in April. Roatan is a great place for diving and snorkeling, if you're into that kind of thing. We did a wonderful private snorkeling tour with Roatan Ocean Adventures.

In Belize, we did the cave tubing with cavetubing.bz and were somewhat disappointed with them. It was a lot more of a cattle-call type excursion than I expected, packing 50 or so people on a bus. But others have given them good reviews, so maybe it's not always like that. (We had even bigger problems, as they overloaded the bus and ask for a party of three to get off, and we ended up getting off and were put in a van. Turned out that van had a group of people from a different ship who were doing a different excursion. It was chaotic.)

They cancelled Roatan and Belize altogether. The storm sounds like it's getting pretty wicked.

That's too bad. I know there's not much that could be done about it, as you don't want to head right into the path of a tropical storm. But Roatan and Belize are more interesting stops (in my opinion) than Nassau. Maybe you'll get another chance to visit them in the future.