Favorite Pre-Booking Cabin frill?

linkv

Our last cruise was in February, and I'm really getting the itch to go again. I'm trying to plan something for next year, and am really looking into anything I can pay for in advance. I'm definitely purchasing some onboard credit in advance... Was looking at the in-cabin extras and am honestly not that impressed.

Does anyone have a creative use for these add-Ons?

I've never bought anything ahead before. I hope to this trip. A bottle of Gin and tonic for my partner and 6 pack of Diet Coke for me. (I think that's probably enough pop that I won't need the "endless bubbles" option.) Lastly some water. We went though a number of bottles that last cruise and I think I'd like to get them ahead of time.

What sort of thing were you hoping for?

I've never bought anything ahead before. I hope to this trip. A bottle of Gin and tonic for my partner and 6 pack of Diet Coke for me. (I think that's probably enough pop that I won't need the "endless bubbles" option.) Lastly some water. We went though a number of bottles that last cruise and I think I'd like to get them ahead of time.

What sort of thing were you hoping for?

Most of what Carnival offers are things like streamers decorating your room, or flowers. Neither of these seem worth the price.

I'd love it if I could arrange to have a plate of Carnival's chocolate chip cookies waiting for us when we board. My wife raves about them, and can't get enough of them.

I pre-order water and soda.

I also like the cakes if we're celebrating anything - they are not expensive (small is less than $10) and they taste great.

I also bought myself the cruise diva bag (love it) and am always on the lookout for bargains (bought my dad 2 white Carnival logo shirts for $5 each before our last cruise). A couple of cruises ago, I bought my mom one of the teddy bears since she collects bears and I knew she wouldn't pay for it on the ship herself.

It really just depends on what you're looking for, what you feel would make a nice surprise for those you're traveling with and what you want to spend.

I'd love it if I could arrange to have a plate of Carnival's chocolate chip cookies waiting for us when we board. My wife raves about them, and can't get enough of them.

You know you can pre-order cookies right? They are the big, tasty ones and are listed under either "food stuff" or if you look under the St Jude stuff, they are there as well.

Most of what Carnival offers are things like streamers decorating your room, or flowers. Neither of these seem worth the price.

That would be a thoughtful surprise for your DW! Go for it!

https://www.carnival.com/FunShops/item/X99/cookie-jar

https://www.carnival.com/FunShops/item/Y51/four-chocolate-chip-fresh-baked-cookies

https://www.carnival.com/FunShops/item/Y52/four-chocolate-chunk-fresh-baked-cookies

Now you have to choose which one!

When taking a first time cruiser along with me I order what I think is called the Sail Away package. For something under a hundred dollars it includes a tote bag, a bottle of (cheap) champagne, and two each of champagne glasses, t-shirts, beach towels, and sun visors. Also a ten dollar photo credit and a twenty-five dollar bar credit.

Since I often take a minor grandchild, the champagne and bar credit are for me, the rest is for her.

I took twin adult daughters on a cruise for their birthday. Got them each this package and had the cabin decorated and bought a chocolate birthday cake. The decorations were festive and the cake was delicious.

Now that's what I'm talking about!! :D That's exactly what I'd like to see! DW does the nicest thing for me... as soon as we're done with the lifeboat drill, she sends me away to unwind and commences unpacking. The least I could do is have a nice treat for her! I hadn't seen the cookie section before... THANK YOU!