TA question

rjl1977

I've never used a TA before. Are their "perks" enough to not use a pvp? I'm going on the Glory later this year and thinking of booking next years cruise while I'm on board so I can get the OBC. I've heard it's possible to transfer bookings to TAs so I was thinking of doing that to see if I could get additional perks. Am I hoping for too much? Are their perks only good if you do the original booking through them? Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

I book my cruises while on a cruise, to get Carnival's bonus OBC, and then transfer the booking to my TA when I get home.

Most TA's will stack on additional OBC as they cannot discount the initial cruise fare. A good rule of thumb is to expect about 8%-10% (of total fare, not including taxes, fees) OBC from a good TA. This can vary slightly based on cabin class. Expect closer to 8% for insides and closer to 10% for balconies.

Pretty much, most TA's only offer OBC as a perk, especially with Carnival. with some other lines, you might see free drink package perks, or free grats, but keep in mind those lines are charging much more in the first place than Carnival.

Some TA's may offer a discount on a particular cruise if they have a block of rooms booked, these specific cruises they will often have highlighted on their website.

A good TA is worth their weight in gold. Some are better than others. if it seems to good to be true, then it probably is.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Jeff aka Recovery Dude

Edited by RecoveryDude