How is traffic coming into Miami after Wilma?

sunshine426

We are scheduled to sail from Miami on the 28th on board the Fascination. Looks like the cruise will take place, but am getting nervous about flying into Miami. We live in Atlanta, and can drive down if necessary. Just wondering what the traffic is like now and any educated guesses regarding Friday morning. If Delta cancels are early flight on Friday, we could leave Thurs and drive all night. I know people who evacuated might be returning also, any local info woud be appreciated. thanks. my prayers are with all the people affected by the storms more directly that us cruisers.

Traffic is no problem, the issue is gasoline availability. Limited amount of stations open for gas resulting in long lines that go on for miles. People are waiting for hours to get to the pumps. The news reported gas was available on the entire Florida Turnpike, problems start in Plam Beach County southward with waits to get to the gas pumps exceeding 4 hours.

We are leaving on the Victory this Sunday and we are coming over from the west coast and was wondering if we can get gas

on Alligator Alley at the Indian Reservation exit with no problems. Many thanks for any help. John F.

I have no idea if they're open or not, but FPL has put a priority on getting power back to gas stations here. If you leave with a full tank and don't find them open I wouldn't worry as by the time your cruise returns things will be pretty well back to normal. Many more stations opened today, and the lines are a lot shorter than yesterday. Miami is in better shape than Fort Lauderdale also. There's no shortage of gas, it's just that the stations without power can't pump it.

We are leaving on the Victory this Sunday and we are coming over from the west coast and was wondering if we can get gas

on Alligator Alley at the Indian Reservation exit with no problems. Many thanks for any help. John F.

The Indian Reservation Mobil station is open and waits for gasoline are about 45 minutes and diesel about 20 minutes. ;)

Archived