Freedom vs. Oasis

Freedom of the Seas will always be my favorite ship, however, it looks like I may have to do Oasis during the summer of 2017 (graduation gift for my niece). I am disappointed to see Freedom is on the other side of the world and there is only Oasis class in FL.

What is the pro and con for Oasis compared to Freedom? What seems to be the same?

One con I see for Oasis is there is not a lot of view of the ocean. [emoji20]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Oasis Pros:

More variety of dining options

More entertainment( aqua shows)

Neighborhoods ( Boardwalk and Central Park are unique to the Oasis Class)

It felt less crowded to me

Bigger Variety of Suites-

Royal Suite Class

Oasis Cons/Freedom Pros

More Ocean visibility- deck 4 promenade, Schooner bar,Johnny Rockets outdoor seating etc etc.

I never felt Freedom crowded.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Oasis doesn't just feel uncrowded, it can feel nearly empty outside of a few things like pool deck on a sea day. It's really quite amazing considering they have 6,000 guests aboard.

Visibility venues on Oasis class similar to freedom class ships. Pool decks, promenade deck, Windjammer, Spa or look at deck plans of the various class of RCCL ships.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We've been on both ships and both classes several times.

We really think that there are advantages of each. We do feel that in general that you can see the ocean a bit more on the Freedom class than the Oasis class. I think that part of this is due to the neighborhoods most of which don't include ocean views. That said - the neighborhoods are very cool - especially Central Garden.

The entertainment is great on both classes, but Oasis will seem a bit better simply because there are more options on a regular basis.

We like the Solarium more on the Oasis class ships.

The Oasis class seems to have turned the Viking Crown Lounge into the Suite Lounge. That venue is usually called Olive N Twist on the Freedom class ships and is generally available to the public rather than suite guests only.

We do like the Rising Tide bar venue on the Oasis class ships. Great for a drink while people watching a bit.

I would say that generally neither class seems overcrowded, but it's easier to get lost from the crowds on the Oasis class.

The Windjammer is actually smaller on Oasis than Freedom, but on Oasis you may find that you rarely actually go to the Windjammer because of her amazing specialty restaurants.

Speaking of specialty restaurants, 150 Central Park is our favorite specialty restaurant on any ship. Specifically, the version that is on Allure is even better than that which is on Oasis.

We were on a Freedom class ship in July and enjoyed her very much. We're booked on Oasis in September and can't wait for that one either!

So, we find them very different, but love them both!

I probably won't do speciality restaurant. I find MDR or Windjammer is enough for me. I prefer to save my money toward shore excursion especially it is my niece first cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Freedom of the Seas will always be my favorite ship, however, it looks like I may have to do Oasis during the summer of 2017 (graduation gift for my niece). I am disappointed to see Freedom is on the other side of the world and there is only Oasis class in FL.

What is the pro and con for Oasis compared to Freedom? What seems to be the same?

One con I see for Oasis is there is not a lot of view of the ocean. [emoji20]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Oasis is the destination.

I think you are going to find varying opinions. After all, opinions are very subjective! The only way is to experience both and set your own opinions for the future. We prefer the Freedom class. We were on the Oasis in November, and were very unimpressed. Even my teen likes the Freedom class better.

The Oasis seemed distinctly disorganized and no where near as friendly as the Liberty was.

I was on Freedom 2 weeks ago and it was free during breakfast only.

When we were on Liberty last March, there was free breakfast in JR.

This is excellent news, I had not realized that breakfast at JR's had been expanded beyond Oasis class. Hopefully the expansion goes fleetwide. Thanks for the update.