Snorkeling In the Reef

lindseylu8

Docking at Coxen Hole.

We have booked the BOSS underwater tour already and are very excited! It doesnt say specifically where we are BOSSing & snorkeling at. I really want to see the reef. Maybe a dumb statement if the reef is "everywhere" ...

This tour is only 3.5 so Im thinking we will have some extra time. Where can we go from the port to snorkel in the reef on our own?

Next question, if it turns out that we are already BOSSing/snorkeling in the reef, what other fun things are around Coxen Hole that we can walk or quick taxi too?

Thank you in advance!

Docking at Coxen Hole.

We have booked the BOSS underwater tour already and are very excited! It doesnt say specifically where we are BOSSing & snorkeling at. I really want to see the reef. Maybe a dumb statement if the reef is "everywhere" ...

This tour is only 3.5 so Im thinking we will have some extra time. Where can we go from the port to snorkel in the reef on our own?

Next question, if it turns out that we are already BOSSing/snorkeling in the reef, what other fun things are around Coxen Hole that we can walk or quick taxi too?

Thank you in advance!

Roatan is pretty much surrounded by the second largest reef on the planet. The reef is easy to see with Google maps on the leeward side of the island.

I have no idea where your tour is, but the reef comes almost to the sand line in West Bay. There are many other places you can get to the reef by swimming some distance from either the beach/a pier or boat hire.

Were I wishing to sort this out, I would 1st find out where the excursion is, then arrange transport as needed.

Edited by Guest 2000

I think BOSS uses Ocean Connection's facility out of the West End. So you'll already be snorkeling along that reef.

There's shops and restaurants in the West End. But if BOSS is picking you up at the port and then taking you to the excursion, you'll probably have to ride back with them or try to catch a taxi. You might have a restaurant or resort call you a taxi if you're not taking the excursion transportation back.

Plenty of decent shopping at the cruise port. You could also walk around Coxen Hole and find a few other shops. Two Dove Bar and Grille along the waterfront is a good place to grab a bite and a drink before walking back to your ship.

Thank you both! This is exaclty what I was looking for. Glad to hear I will already be in the reef :) cant wait

thanks again for the great info! Wish my cruise was sooner

Edited by lindseylu8