Dress code /credit card

tayjay2001

Going on the oceana in 2 weeks first time with p&o can anyone tell me the dress code in the restaurant. Can men wear dress shorts or is it all long trousers and can you wear dark coloured jeans ie black or brown. Also do you register your credit card on board or before you go. Thanks.

Going on the oceana in 2 weeks first time with p&o can anyone tell me the dress code in the restaurant. Can men wear dress shorts or is it all long trousers and can you wear dark coloured jeans ie black or brown. Also do you register your credit card on board or before you go. Thanks.

Depends where you wish to dine. If in the MDR shorts are not allowed in the evening. On formal nights you will need to adhere to the dress code to eat in the MDR.

You can eat in the buffet any time wearing shorts. There may also be some bars in the evening that you cannot use on formal nights either, if you are in shorts. They will have a sign outside them to state this.

On smart casual nights (the nights that aren't formal) you can wear jeans, as long as they are not ripped.

You register you credit card during boarding, you cannot do it beforehand.

Hi there,

This is from P & O's dress code section on their website about Evening Casual nights :

Stylish resort or leisurewear is ideal for Evening Casual nights, for example casual separates or dresses for ladies and open-neck polo shirts and casual long trousers (not shorts or 3/4 length trousers) for men. A jacket and smart trousers can be worn but are not compulsory. Smart dark denim is also fine, but not trainers, football shirts or tracksuits

Was on Ventura about a month ago and people were being turned away from the MDR and certain bars if not dressed in accordance with the dress code. Certainly no shorts were seen in the evening on Evening Casual nights.

Hope this helps, and enjoy your cruise!

I'm amazed, and somewhat pleased, to hear of people being turned away, because I've seen the code interpreted so liberally on a number of recent cruises that I thought anything goes. Never seen any shorts I must admit, but I wouldn't have been surprised to. Much prefer the Cunard standards (but they don't have enough ships to offer the choice of voyage P&O do, so I still go with P&O at times).

I'm amazed, and somewhat pleased, to hear of people being turned away, because I've seen the code interpreted so liberally on a number of recent cruises that I thought anything goes. Never seen any shorts I must admit, but I wouldn't have been surprised to. Much prefer the Cunard standards (but they don't have enough ships to offer the choice of voyage P&O do, so I still go with P&O at times).

Just back from QM2 and my OH wore his suit 4 nights and his DJ 4 nights and this was just too much for us. We prefer P&O where he can wear smart trousers and shirt and I feel happy wearing trousers too with a dressy top.

Absolutely right that different people will want different things and that, to some extent, they can choose a line that suits them. There's no way some of what I have experienced on P&O lately could have met the description "smart trousers and shirt".

Absolutely right that different people will want different things and that, to some extent, they can choose a line that suits them. There's no way some of what I have experienced on P&O lately could have met the description "smart trousers and shirt".

Was this in the MDR or around the ship?

I am trying to think of my last 2 cruises what people wore on non formal nights. Cant think of anything that made me think.....oh dear......

MDR. Faded jeans, ill-fitting striped polo shirts, etc. As I've said, arguably within an interpretation of the code, but not what I would call smart trousers and [smart] shirt. Others might disagree, but that's why I prefer Cunard and use them if I can.

MDR. Faded jeans, ill-fitting striped polo shirts, etc. As I've said, arguably within an interpretation of the code, but not what I would call smart trousers and [smart] shirt. Others might disagree, but that's why I prefer Cunard and use them if I can.

Me neither, the english lady, in fact quite the opposite. We thought how lovely it was that people really seemed to have made an effort and dress up ( not formal) on Non-Formal nights.