Cruise cash vs. Cruise Bar Cash?

owlman76

Hello,

Taking our first cruise this coming october and I was doing some research on how the spending works. I will put a credit card on the sign and sail account but my parents offered to get us cruise cash as a gift (honeymoon).

MY QUESTION IS, I notice there is cruise cash, cruise cash bar, and cruise cash photo. I understand the bar and photo ones only work on those particular class of items but the regular cruise cash. Does that work on alcohol/bar as well? On the website it just states it works on onboard expenses. So if it works on bar as well there would be no point in doing exclusively bar cash?

I appreciate it! As it would be used probably 80% for alcohol I just want to make sure the general cruise cash will work for that!

:) :) thank youuuu

Absolutely do not purchase any of the "Cruise Cash", "Cruise Bar" or "Cruise Photo". It is non-refundable if you don't use it.

Instead, purchase a Carnival Gift Card. They sell them at retail stores everywhere and anywhere gift cards are sold, such as Wal-Mart, Lowe's, or grocery stores. You can also buy them on eBay or http://www.carnivalgiftcards.com/. You can apply these gift cards using the Kiosk on the ship or at Guest Services. You can also apply them to your balance online or over the phone if you still owe payment on your cruise. These cards offer more flexibility because they are not use-it or lose-it... the balance (if any) is refunded to you at the end of the cruise.

Many people also acquire Carnival gift cards at a discount through programs such as AARP rewards for Good, Allstate Rewards, or Verizon Rewards. This saves you actual money because for example you may be able to purchase a $100 gift card for $90.