Summit Feb 10 2018

luv2cruz1963

Received a call today from Celebrity that our cruise has been cancelled due to the ship being chartered. Anyone else have experience with this? What can I expect when I call Celebrity? Very frustrated that this is happening

Received our Email this afternoon from Celebrity via our TA saying we have been thrown overboard for our 24 March and 31 March 2018 Summit Cruises. Did you use a TA or book directly with Celebrity? You should be getting an Email with all the details for sail dates, ships and OBCs offered. I just booked the Equinox taking advantage of the $200.00 inconvenience OBC per sailing. All our other perks and OBCs we had for the Summit transferred over to each leg of the new bookings. Our TA even increased their OBC from what they were giving us on the Summit. Price for both legs of the Cruise was a wash.

Same happened to me for a March 3 2018 sailing - I called Celebrity today after reading the news here. I chose to switch to the Equinox March 10 - I received a sky suite for the same price as my Summit sky suite, all perks and OBC that I had received for booking that cruise while on our last trip, as well as inconvenience OBC.

Is it safe to say that ir is probably not a good idea to book Summit in the February - March time frame?

Seems there are a lot of threads from folks who have had their cruises cancelled. Celebrity seems to use Summit as a charter every year during that time frame.

Is it safe to say that ir is probably not a good idea to book Summit in the February - March time frame?

Seems there are a lot of threads from folks who have had their cruises cancelled. Celebrity seems to use Summit as a charter every year during that time frame.

Currently the time framed closed to Summit bookings is 20 January thru 7 April 2018.

We were also booked on the Feb 10, 2018 Summit. Our travel agent sent us the notice from Celebrity yesterday with options for either Equinox on certain dates or Summit at other sailings in Nov or April. They will keep the same price and perks plus Celebrity will add an additional $200. OBC.

We really liked Summit and it's itinerary better, but we are going ahead with trying Equinox as we can get the same date.

Good luck! On our letter it said you only have until Aug 11th to accept the change with the same price and perks.

• 2 weeks later...
Received a call today from Celebrity that our cruise has been cancelled due to the ship being chartered. Anyone else have experience with this? What can I expect when I call Celebrity? Very frustrated that this is happening

2nd year in a row for us this cruise was cancelled. We were on the Jan 30th cruise. I've been trying to get to Bonaire since 2006. First time we booked a 7 day on the Summit, going to Bonaire, one of the pods needed to be fixed, they changed the cruise to 6 days and took off Bonaire. Finally years later Summit was going back in 17, we booked, they cancelled. We saw it was going again in 18, booked, and yep.. cancelled. I talked in great detail with the gal and asked if they might think to put another ship in that area in Jan-March, since us in cold climates want a cheap caribbean cruise, a maybe an Edge class might go? She wasnt sure. But good grief. This is crazy!