Help with incorrect room sizes?

$CJ

Hi all,

I'm looking at Legend and Spirit and comparing room sizes.

Reviewing the deck plans, extended balcony rooms are shown larger than standard balcony rooms, which in turn are shown significantly larger than outside and internal rooms. However they are ALL reported as the same size - 185sqft - plus any balcony space (40, 60 sqft etc).

To bring it home with a crystal clear example, neighbouring rooms 4103 and 4105 are completely different sizes on the plan but both reported as 185sqft.

Does anyone know where to find the real sizes? Or are they all actually the same size and the deck plan is incredibly misleading?

Hoping to book a balcony room as they appear to be much bigger than inside rooms, but wont if it's actually the same size.

Thanks!!

If you want more room book an Oceanview. They incorporated the balcony space into the room so it is bigger. Standard interior and balcony are really about 185 sq ft and are the same size.

How is it possible they're the same size if a balcony has a couch and an interrior only hasa bed? I believe you may be referring to the 4k (interrior with french door) which is a standard size ov/ balcony room but still considered interrior.

Hi all,

Reviewing the deck plans, extended balcony rooms are shown larger than standard balcony rooms, which in turn are shown significantly larger than outside and internal rooms. However they are ALL reported as the same size - 185sqft - plus any balcony space (40, 60 sqft etc).

To bring it home with a crystal clear example, neighbouring rooms 4103 and 4105 are completely different sizes on the plan but both reported as 185sqft.

Does anyone know where to find the real sizes? Or are they all actually the same size and the deck plan is incredibly misleading?

Hoping to book a balcony room as they appear to be much bigger than inside rooms, but wont if it's actually the same size.

Thanks!!

As far as answering your question, rooms 4103 and 4105 are different class staterooms. Like mentioned above 4105 is a 4k which is technicaly an interior but not really. While 4103 is an actual interior 4b meaning it will be smaller due to the subtraction of the couch and any window.

Hi all,

Thanks!!

You are correct that deck plans do not provide actual size. They show averages. Deck plans are only meant to be a guideline and do not always represent actual cabin size and configuration. I've never seen a list that states specifically the actual size of every cabin on a ship, but there are lots of web pages offering great cabin selection advice. I would not consider most balcony cabins to be "much" bigger than inside cabins. But having a balcony overcomes most any cabin size challenge.

Your best bet would be to google the specific cabin you are looking at for more specific information about that cabin since there are so many variations within "balcony cabins" and "inside cabins."

Personally I'd be more concerned about location, such as what is overhead, below, or next to a specific cabin to determine how much noise and congestion I'm likely to experience. Being under Lido, next to a white space, or over a lounge are examples. A few square feet would not be a deciding factor to me. Try googling "picking the best cabins on carnival legend" and the first search result offers good information.

You could also google search terms like "bowling alley balcony" or "French door cabin" and ship name if you are interested in learning about cabins that others consider best in type.

Looking at the specific category also provides better information. For example a category 9B is a balcony cabin as is category 8N. But the 9B is considered to be a premium balcony with 230 sf where 8N is considered an extended balcony cabin with 185 sf. But the less expensive 8N category has a larger balcony. You'd have to google specific cabin numbers for more specific information.

In February we were on the Splendor and we had an interior for our daughter and a balcony for ourselves. The inside room was SIGNIFICANTLY smaller than our balcony and we just had a regular balcony. There was one very small desk area and maybe 18 inches on either side of the bed in hers and we had a couch, table large desk area etc. The bathrooms were the same. I would guess hers was a max of 150 while ours was at least 200

In February we were on the Splendor and we had an interior for our daughter and a balcony for ourselves. The inside room was SIGNIFICANTLY smaller than our balcony and we just had a regular balcony. There was one very small desk area and maybe 18 inches on either side of the bed in hers and we had a couch, table large desk area etc. The bathrooms were the same. I would guess hers was a max of 150 while ours was at least 200

The last 1A cabin I stayed in had a king-sized bed. And 1A is supposed to be the smallest of the insides.

When the ships were built "cabins" were pre-manufactured and dropped onto each deck as they were completed. With very few exceptions the rooms of similar types are always the 'same'. Hallways may be widened but the rooms do not differ. In areas where the balcony rooms protrude out it is the balcony that gets larger, not the room. Exceptions to this are sometimes odd shaped aft cabins and corner cabins.

In the example the OP gave the two cabins are two 'different' cabin configurations and their square footage would probably differ because one is an interior and one is a 'french door' cabin. The room marked as an interior would match the square footage of the standard interior cabin.

Hi all,

Thanks!!

You can go here for all the details of Spirit class cabins:

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3160

4103 (an inside) is slightly wider but shorter than 4105 (a French balcony) so they are the same square footage. Due to 4103 being shorter there is no couch but there is a chair and coffee table (unlike there being only a bed as someone else said).

A true balcony cabin (4157 for example) is 185 square feet with a 40 square foot balcony.

You can go here for all the details of Spirit class cabins:

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3160

4103 (an inside) is slightly wider but shorter than 4105 (a French balcony) so they are the same square footage. Due to 4103 being shorter there is no couch but there is a chair and coffee table (unlike there being only a bed as someone else said).

A true balcony cabin (4157 for example) is 185 square feet with a 40 square foot balcony.

Even that list is not entirely correct. On Conquest Class ships 8442 is a 9B and is about the size of a suite, yet is still says it is only 185 sq ft. Way more room in those cabins than in a standard balcony. The balcony size is correct at 75 sq ft.

Why does size matter? I see if 4 people are in the room, than a bigger size is important maybe, but honestly, it's a ship, and all you really need is a bed, and bathroom. Insides are smaller than outside and outside is smaller than balcony. You pay extra for a window and much more to have a balcony. I spend an average of about 2 hours a day in the room that I am awake. 45 in the morning getting up, 30 minutes going to sleep, and some random times to change clothes etc.

I really think we are just accustomed to believing the size of the room, or if it's a suite is a status issue, and yet at the end of the day, it's still just a bedroom.

We just had an interior and an extended balcony. The interior room was markedly smaller than the 8k. The info I saw stated that the interior was 170 sq ft, the 8k 185 sq ft + balcony. Personally, the balcony is more important to me than a few sq ft more or less, it provides a place to relax and chill without fighting over chairs on deck :D

Thanks team. I'm still not completely clear on the sizes but your answers all help!

You quickly realise how small the rooms are when you add in a cot and two little monsters.