Oasis Restaurants and Kids

Is there an age restriction on any of the restaurants? My 11 year old is a foodie and loves anything upscale and fancy. I was thinking about 150 for him.

I believe the only restaurant with an age restriction is Chef's Table.

That's not the same as 150 right? I'm thinking of taking him there. He would LOVE to do a chef's table but I don't think I have seen any of them allow kids.

Correct, 150 Central Park and Chef's Table are two different restaurants.

I found this FAQ on age, and it does not mention Chef's Table, so maybe that age policy has changed:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&snav=2&faqId=3233&faqSubjectId=336&faqSubjectName=Food+%26+Beverage&faqType=faq

Here is another FAQ that mentions Chef's Table, but does not specifically say kids under 13 are prohibited:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=336&faqSubjectName=Food+%26+Beverage&faqId=6049

Edited by clarea

The link that Clarea provided sure makes it appear that children are allowed at specialty restaurants while accompanied by an adult. Personally I think it's a great idea, in that my wife and I *WANT* to expose our daughter to a variety of experiences.

That said, the old adage of "know your child" applies (and "know yourself" as an adult) -- while we want our children to enjoy the dining experience, we all have bad days and I'd rather not put anyone (my daughter or fellow guests) through a bad experience if one of us is having an "off" day.

Michael

Cruise ships have been pretty amazing for us. My kid has far fancier taste than I do. :D When we went on our first cruise, he wanted to order something fancy off of the adult menu in the MDR. I was like, SURE, we can always stop by the buffet after if you don't like it. He's never looked back since and won't be caught dead eating kid meals. I think cruise ships are a great way for them to try new things. If he could actually do the chef table I think I'd pay just so he could experience. He's so quiet and calm and never disturbs anyone.

Cruise ships have been pretty amazing for us. My kid has far fancier taste than I do. :D When we went on our first cruise, he wanted to order something fancy off of the adult menu in the MDR. I was like, SURE, we can always stop by the buffet after if you don't like it. He's never looked back since and won't be caught dead eating kid meals. I think cruise ships are a great way for them to try new things. If he could actually do the chef table I think I'd pay just so he could experience. He's so quiet and calm and never disturbs anyone.

That's great that your child likes to try new foods. We also exposed our daughter to a wide variety of foods from an early age, and she still loves to try new foods.