Check-in time listed at 2:30, hotel checkout is noon: What to do?

squierjosh

So we're planning on staying at a nearby Air BnB before our cruise from Old San Juan. Checkout is noon. Carnival lists SJ embarkation time as 2:30-8:30. Are you allowed to check in early, but not board the ship? I don't really want to lug my bags around for 2 hours.

Make sure you understand the differences in terminology.

Online check-in: The process to enter details online on your account at Carnival's website. Can happen as soon as final payment is made on the cruise.

Arrival: Arriving at the port and dropping off your checked luggage with a

porter. This can usually be done very early. You may or may not be able to enter the port terminal building yet, this is based on if the port has implemented staggered check-in.

Check-in: Entering the terminal and finalizing paperwork, getting your sail and sign card, and then sitting down to wait for boarding. If the port has enabled staggered check-in, you have to choose a time for this on your online check-in.

Boarding/Embarkation: When your boarding zone is called (or your special status is called, such as Platinum, FTTF) you line up and start your walk up the platform onto the ship.

Thanks, I guess I was most curious about the Arrival time, as in losing the luggage for a while. If we can get on the ship earlier, great. If not, at least we won't be lugging stuff around OSJ.

I saw something about staggered check-ins on Carnival's site, but didn't see Puerto Rico on the list.

Make sure you understand the differences in terminology.

Online check-in: The process to enter details online on your account at Carnival's website. Can happen as soon as final payment is made on the cruise.

Arrival: Arriving at the port and dropping off your checked luggage with a

porter. This can usually be done very early. You may or may not be able to enter the port terminal building yet, this is based on if the port has implemented staggered check-in.

Check-in: Entering the terminal and finalizing paperwork, getting your sail and sign card, and then sitting down to wait for boarding. If the port has enabled staggered check-in, you have to choose a time for this on your online check-in.

Boarding/Embarkation: When your boarding zone is called (or your special status is called, such as Platinum, FTTF) you line up and start your walk up the platform onto the ship.