Age Requirement for Rock ClimbingWall

conandrob240

I don't see rock wall info....

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Right, but it was asked as part of the question, so my guess is that the lack of specific mention means there are no restrictions. I know you would feel better with a specific mention (as would I) but it would stand to reason that if there were some, they would not have omitted them when it was listed in the question. I know on one of the videos we watched we saw a very small child (maybe 4) climbing (they had full torso harnesses)

He's 6. I am pretty sure he did it at 4 or 5 on BA but RCCL had an age 7 requirement on Athem so just making sure. He's tall for 6 (50") and he can climb better than most people do I hope he's allowed. Thanks.

Edited by conandrob240

On the Getaway it was a height restriction of 42 inches minimum, no age. My 5 y/o loved it! Bring socks! Ropes course was minimum 48 inches.

I wanted to add that we sailed on Royal Caribbean Enchantment of the Seas this summer and they had an age restriction of 6 years old for the rock wall and bungee trampoline. My son was very disappointed he could not do these activities on the ship (so was I), but was able to on the Getaway. That is interesting that someone upthread mentioned an age 7 restriction for the rock wall on Anthem. I don't get these seemingly random age restrictions? No where on RC website could I find an age restriction for the rock wall on Enchantment...pretty lame if you ask me.

Edited by JinxyB

• 2 months later...

Other rock wall questions- we will be on the GEM if it matters...

1) is there a cost?

2) typically what times is it open? Port days/ Sea days? Do they ever have it open while at sea (or is it too windy/dangerous)?

Edited by rjm11