Disembark and Booking a Taxi

ClawhammerBanjo

My wife is disabled and has a mobility scooter. We will be ending our cruise in Barcelona. Harmony of the Seas, Sep 11th.

I have found a taxi company that handles scooters but I need to book. I've just found out that you are assigned a disembarkation time the day before.

So how do I book the taxi? What time?

Also I have to book a flight for the same day. What time is safe?

Thanks!

There is no such thing as a sure thing, but as your ship arrives at 5:00 AM, and you will most likely be able to REQUEST a preferred debarkation time, you should be able to figure on 10:00 AM as highly likely. Many passengers will be staying on board, so your chances are pretty good of getting that time or something a bit earlier. You want to allow at least two hours at the airport, so you should crank in that time plus a reasonable estimate of the time to get from pier to airport - the cab company should help there - and then pick your flight.

Hi, & welcome to Cruise Critic,

Travel from port to airport is about 30 minutes (there are several airports, I'm assuming yours is BCN, but for European flights there are others).

NBT's being at the airport 2 hours ahead of flight time is what I work on too, so I'd aim to be in a taxi 3 hours ahead of flight-time in case of unforeseen hold-ups. I don't know how much extra time you should allow for your own circumstances.

Yes, RCI & other cruise lines stagger disembarkation, in order to keep the system flowing.

But don't worry about what embarkation slot you are assigned - if it's not suitable, simply go to guest relations soonest and ask for a slot suitable for your onward travel.

Don't know about your cruise, but a daft o'clock arrival time in port can be a red herring - disembarkation usually starts much later. For instance arrival times in Southampton are around 4.30am & 5.30am when passengers are still in the land of nod, but disembarkation is from around 7 - 7.30am.

I don't know if that's the case with Harmony/Barcelona, but you can ask on the RCI forum

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=83

or perhaps on a RollCall of a recently-returned Harmony cruise that's on the same itinerary, such as this one http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2264085&page=3

BTW, here's the RollCall for your cruise

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2224081

You might want to post on there to say "hi" to others on your cruise.

Glancing thro' it, nobody has mentioned a "Meet and Mingle" for Cruise Critic members - perhaps they don't know about it!! Basically if at least 25 people register for it, Royal Caribbean will arrange a get-together for you all sometime early in the cruise - free drinks & nibbles, probably a free raffle, etc. Come back here, or ask on that RCI forum, if you want to know how to go about registering for a Meet and Mingle.

JB :)