Star Recent Mexican Cruisers

platterb

and we got to the pier by noon. The prior pax were late getting off but we were in our room by 12:45. After going thru security we were in the check in line for suites so got thru real quick. The lines were still pretty long the later in the afternoon tho and they delayed muster drill about 15-20 minutes while the last pax got onboard.

Any other questions, just let me know. I hope to write a review in the next week but still playing catch-up right now. Enjoy your cruise!

I was on the 10/8 sailing. The first people in line arrived at 9:45. I was in line around 10:45 - 11:00. I would say that there were 250 - 300 people in front of me. Customs was doing its quartly inspection of the crew on 10/8. As a result boarding was delayed. The line did not start to move until noon. But once it started moving, it moved fast. By 12:15 on was on the ship and by 12:30 I was in my cabin.

I covered all of this in my review. You can read the full review (it is very long, but day one & boarding comes first) at the link below ...

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=13327

So, would you say arriving around 11:30am is about right??

It depends on what you want. If you want to get on the ship early I would shoot for 11:00am. If you want to avoid the line, but still be on time, I would shoot for 2:00pm.

It depends on what you want. If you want to get on the ship early I would shoot for 11:00am. If you want to avoid the line, but still be on time, I would shoot for 2:00pm.

Thanks for the info! We live in Orange County, so we are pretty close to the pier and I think traffic should be light on a wednesday! We shall see!

Boy, do I need this vacation! :eek:

Archived