Reminder: Princess' Military Svc OBC Benefit

Goldiesmom

The catch for us old guys is even though we did combat time in a war zone, Vietnam for me, it was only 13months and does not qualify. The younger people are getting multiple deployments and although they may not be lifers are still getting the needed combat zone time.

First of all thanks for your service and welcome home. Man, resubmit. I too am a Vietnam War Veteran and did a total of 18 months in Southeast Asia. 12 months in Vietnam and 6 months in Thailand. No issues for me when I submitted a copy of my DD214. BTW black out your SSN. For me it goes beyond the OBC. It's about the thought and appreciation. Thank you Princess.

Edited by davekathy

The former president of Princess who has now moved up to corporate is a Viet Nam veteran after serving as a grunt in the US Army. He is active in veteran support groups particularly the Viet Nam veterans. Thank you Princess for this perk.

Alan Buckelew, a long term employee of Princess. He served as President, CEO, CFO over the years. He is currently Carnival's COO

He is all that you mentioned and more. A real mensch.

The catch for us old guys is even though we did combat time in a war zone, Vietnam for me, it was only 13 months and does not qualify. The younger people are getting multiple deployments and although they may not be lifers are still getting the needed combat zone time.

You most definitely qualify.

"Veterans with an honorable discharge serving a minimum of 2 years or 6 months in an active war zone . . ."

Read the form again.

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/faq_answer_legal/Military_Personnel_Benefit_US.pdf