Cannot choose my dates in the website!

Capitan Morgan

Been a while out, I now, getting very annoyed with carnival website! I'd like to choose my dates for my cruise, but the website doesn't let me do it. I used to type my exact days I could cruise and that way was easy and fast. Am I missing something? I want and need to cruise on my dates, why they don't display all the dates of a given month? Very frustrated!:eek:

What specifically are you looking for? Date? Ship? Destination?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Well that will be specific destination at specific dates. Like they have destinations that I like but they do not show or give me the option to choose the week that I will be free from work to cruise. And if I find the right date it is on a destination I ' m not interested. It is a very time consuming. I found for example a eight days southern Caribbean but just give me one date at the beginning of December, I need it instead at the end of it. It was easier before and more friendly

Been a while out, I now, getting very annoyed with carnival website! I'd like to choose my dates for my cruise, but the website doesn't let me do it. I used to type my exact days I could cruise and that way was easy and fast. Am I missing something? I want and need to cruise on my dates, why they don't display all the dates of a given month? Very frustrated!:eek:

You're not missing something. Carnival's new website cruise search feature is a piece of junk. It only works about half the time and when it does work, the search features leave a lot to be desired. I was searching premier cruises recently and the search calendar showed 31 days in November.

However their head CD thinks its just brilliant. :)

Edited by winddawn

As the current site is the only one I've known I can't empathize other than to say I'm sorry it's frustrating you. I can pick the month from the Plan/Find a cruise tab and then narrow it down further by filtering for port and/or destinations and it's worked for me just fine.

As a general rule, however, I can say it does suck to learn something one way then have it changed on you. I imagine I'll get used to this site and they'll "upgrade" it in the future and then I will be the one getting annoyed when stuff isn't where it's supposed to be.

Progress! :)

I've gotten used to the different search format and like some of the features, but the frustrating part is that it can't be counted on to show all the available cruises within the search parameters. I have searched for cruises on a few specific ships during a single month and have found that I'm not being shown all the available cruises for those ships during that month, after clicking on "More Dates." When you search a wider time frame, it's even worse.

I don't know if it's intentional -- I could see directing people toward cruises that they want to fill, but they will also lose customers who get frustrated or think there are no cruises available for the dates and ports they want. :confused:

Well that will be specific destination at specific dates. Like they have destinations that I like but they do not show or give me the option to choose the week that I will be free from work to cruise. And if I find the right date it is on a destination I ' m not interested. It is a very time consuming. I found for example a eight days southern Caribbean but just give me one date at the beginning of December, I need it instead at the end of it. It was easier before and more friendly

So, you have a destination picked, but the ship is not going on the date you want? Is the ship you want going on the alternate route as in a back to back?

Being a retired IT professional, I can assure you Carnival's website leaves a lot to be desired in terms of user friendliness! It is so simple to design a good, user friendly website but it seems each "update" does nothing to correct the previous issues it had! Oh well, I just keep hoping! :rolleyes:

But, for the OP, have you considered using any one of the hundreds of cruise broker sites to look for a specific cruise? Once you find the exact one that fits your schedule, go back to Carnival and enter the month, departure port, and ship to book it? Might save you some grief!

Being a retired IT professional, I can assure you Carnival's website leaves a lot to be desired in terms of user friendliness! It is so simple to design a good, user friendly website but it seems each "update" does nothing to correct the previous issues it had! Oh well, I just keep hoping! :rolleyes:

But, for the OP, have you considered using any one of the hundreds of cruise broker sites to look for a specific cruise? Once you find the exact one that fits your schedule, go back to Carnival and enter the month, departure port, and ship to book it? Might save you some grief!

I was under the impression he has an itinerary he wants, but is finding it isn't matching the specific week he wants. Anyone else guessing what point the OP is trying to make?

So, you have a destination picked, but the ship is not going on the date you want? Is the ship you want going on the alternate route as in a back to back?

Hmm..I have not idea if it is going or not. My search is focus on destination and date not on a particular ship. Give me a balcony and a glass of wine to go with that and I assure you that I don't care if the ship 's name is Titanic lol!. So the thing is that for this particular route it show up just one date in December (10) which should suggest that that ship ( darn I don't remember the name lol) is going on an alternate route. But it also suggest that no other ships are doing that route for the rest of the month of December. Anyway the fact is that with their search system, we have to go with their dates and not ours. I guess the option is to call the appointed travel agent of carnival for specific dates. And maybe this is their goal so that they can try to sell you more and have more control of the booking in general

Lol, for what I see they are adding problems every time they do an "update" I didn't try the way you suggested yet. Hopefully I'll find one ( so far not such a luck!)😕

I was under the impression he has an itinerary he wants, but is finding it isn't matching the specific week he wants. Anyone else guessing what point the OP is trying to make?

You got it! I have an itinerary, what they don't have post it are enough sails dates for that itinerary! Just one sail date in December which is ridiculous! Which it brings me to square one searching for another itinerary that fits my scheduler. The point is that we should be able to type in the search our specific dates for every itinerary they have instead than for us keeping scrolling until with a miracle we finally find one cruise that fit all our needs. This search system they got now, for some people it is really a time consuming!:(

You got it! I have an itinerary, what they don't have post it are enough sails dates for that itinerary! Just one sail date in December which is ridiculous! Which it brings me to square one searching for another itinerary that fits my scheduler. The point is that we should be able to type in the search our specific dates for every itinerary they have instead than for us keeping scrolling until with a miracle we finally find one cruise that fit all our needs. This search system they got now, for some people it is really a time consuming!:(

It may be an unusual itinerary, thus only operates once per month. All the 7 days from Galveston are the same way, two of the itinerary options are each available once and another is available twice. You may have to search other ports for embark as they may have a ship sailing to your locales. Compare Fort Lauderdale and Port Canaveral.